- Fracking Waste Chemicals Allegedly Found in WV Near Drinking Water Inputs
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- UPDATING ... Neither 'Mall Cop' nor 'Unfriended' Will Slow 'Furious 7' Vroom....
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Confederate Memorial Day in the South
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
Spring Valley Water Work
Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 04:15 Updated 47 weeks ago From WV American Water Release
A precautionary boil water advisory will immediately follow once water service is restored. Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once service is restored, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. We apologize for any inconvenience that our customers may experience as we work to continue offering the high quality, reliable water service that our customers deserve and expect – all for about a penny per gallon. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.