- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- COMMENTARY: How to win hearts and minds in the Middle East
- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 12, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monongah' Examines Culture of West Virginia Coal Mine Operations As Well as 1907 Disaster -- The Worst Industrial Accident in Nation's History
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Wolfpack Moves Past @HerdMBB
Spring Valley Water Work
Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 04:15 Updated 1 year ago From WV American Water Release
A precautionary boil water advisory will immediately follow once water service is restored. Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once service is restored, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. We apologize for any inconvenience that our customers may experience as we work to continue offering the high quality, reliable water service that our customers deserve and expect – all for about a penny per gallon. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.