- Former Mayor Kim Wolfe Breaks Silence; Williams Takes Credit for Foundations Laid in Wolfe Administration
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- DEVELOPING.... Proposed Council Action Likely Wound Increase Movie Ticket Costs for Adults and Children
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Barboursville Holds Christmas Parade; Santa, Elsa, Marching Bands IMAGES
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- Mayor Williams Thanks Mayor Wolfe
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
Spring Valley Water Work
Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 04:15 Updated 2 years ago From WV American Water Release
A precautionary boil water advisory will immediately follow once water service is restored. Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once service is restored, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. We apologize for any inconvenience that our customers may experience as we work to continue offering the high quality, reliable water service that our customers deserve and expect – all for about a penny per gallon. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.