- West Huntington Drug Bust
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- Huntington's First Woman Fire Chief Beams,"Whatever They Choose to Be , Young Girls Can Be That"
- Finance Committee Hears Highlights of Local 598 Labor Management
- Marshall University to hold 10th annual fundraiser for children with communication and swallowing disorders
- Huntington woman pleads guilty to federal heroin charge
- HarbisonWalker International Selects Location for New Monolithics Refractory Plant
- Annapolis Has Nearly Double Overdoses in First Months of 2017
- Huntington Council Unanimously Approves Budget
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
Spring Valley Water Work
Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 04:15 Updated 2 years ago From WV American Water Release
A precautionary boil water advisory will immediately follow once water service is restored. Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once service is restored, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. We apologize for any inconvenience that our customers may experience as we work to continue offering the high quality, reliable water service that our customers deserve and expect – all for about a penny per gallon. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.