- Caserta Asks Prosecutor to Reconsider Petition Against Williams
- Mayor Williams Tells His Side ; Link to Mayor Steve Williams on Tom Roten Morning Show
- BREAKING ... West Virginia State Police to Consider Caserta Complaint
- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- Herd Headed Back to Birmingham for Postseason Play
- Alleged Nuclear Material Control and Accountability Weaknesses at the Department of Energy's Portsmouth Project
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- Thundering Herd IMG Network to Air 10 Baseball Broadcasts
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
Spring Valley Water Work
Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 04:15 Updated 1 year ago From WV American Water Release
A precautionary boil water advisory will immediately follow once water service is restored. Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once service is restored, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. We apologize for any inconvenience that our customers may experience as we work to continue offering the high quality, reliable water service that our customers deserve and expect – all for about a penny per gallon. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.