- Police Execute Arrest Warrants, Arrest Suspect in Shooting Near Hospital
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- UPDATE: Pike County Multiple Murder Investigation; Redacted Autopsy Reports Released
- Council Discusses Recycling Matter That County Failed to Put on Ballot
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- Attorney General DeWine Offers Consumer Tips Following Yahoo Breach Announcement
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Spring Valley Water Work
Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 04:15 Updated 2 years ago From WV American Water Release
A precautionary boil water advisory will immediately follow once water service is restored. Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once service is restored, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. We apologize for any inconvenience that our customers may experience as we work to continue offering the high quality, reliable water service that our customers deserve and expect – all for about a penny per gallon. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.