- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- Huntington Council Announces Agenda
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Move to Highest Level Since Beginning of May
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
Spring Valley Water Work
Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 04:15 Updated 17 weeks ago From WV American Water Release
A precautionary boil water advisory will immediately follow once water service is restored. Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once service is restored, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. We apologize for any inconvenience that our customers may experience as we work to continue offering the high quality, reliable water service that our customers deserve and expect – all for about a penny per gallon. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.