- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- Top Films of 2014 with Guest Expert Input
- Council Asked to Approve Budget Restraints Following Negative Projection
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- "Mockingjay Part One" Evokes Symbolism, Thought, Less Hunting
- Local writers Marie Manilla and Nicole Lawrence to read from their work at Marshall University
- Highlanders Triumph Over Midland
- Marshall Athletic Ticket Office Announces C-USA Championship Operations
Spring Valley Water Work
Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 04:15 Updated 26 weeks ago From WV American Water Release
A precautionary boil water advisory will immediately follow once water service is restored. Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once service is restored, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. We apologize for any inconvenience that our customers may experience as we work to continue offering the high quality, reliable water service that our customers deserve and expect – all for about a penny per gallon. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.