- For Now City Hall Off Limits to Republican Mayoral Candidate in Huntington
- ANALYSIS: Mayoral Candidate Claims Constitutional, Political Interference... or May God Strike Him with a Lightning Bolt
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Council Passes Union Extensions; Fire Departent Members Line Up in Hallway
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Heroin dealer residing near Marshall University pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- West Virginia American Water Update on Water System Restoration in Flood-Impacted Areas
- Huntington Police Make Eight Arrests for Drug Possession
Spring Valley Water Work
Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 04:15 Updated 2 years ago From WV American Water Release
A precautionary boil water advisory will immediately follow once water service is restored. Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once service is restored, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. We apologize for any inconvenience that our customers may experience as we work to continue offering the high quality, reliable water service that our customers deserve and expect – all for about a penny per gallon. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.