- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Wild Life Invading Fukushima from Radioactive Forest
- Marshall University researchers receive U.S. patent to treat one of world’s major health issues
- Creating a Better Connection Between Huntington and Downtown
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Attorney General Morrisey Applauds Undoing of Stream Buffer Rule, Reviews Need For Lawsuit
- Spring International Film Festival at Keith Albee Performing Arts Center - March 2-5
- Teams Distribute Food, Shoes, Supplies to Afflicted on World Leprosy Day
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
Marshall College of Arts and Media opens 16th annual Jazz-MU-Tazz summer camp for younger students
Marshall Jazz Professor Dr. Ed Bingham said the camp offers the students a better understanding of playing jazz, particularly with improvisation. He also sees Jazz-MU-Tazz as an enrichment program for attendees.
"There's this sort of synergy that happens when you bring students from all over to one place to make music," Bingham said.
This year's special guest, Dr. Jeff Bair, received his master's and doctoral degrees in music from the University of North Texas and has appeared with show orchestras, including those with The Temptations, Rich Little and Frank Sinatra Jr.
The tuition for this year's Jazz-MU-Tazz is $200. Participants can choose to stay at Marshall Commons and/or add an inclusive meal plan at the same complex for an additional cost. Jazz-MU-Tazz staff members and residence hall personnel will supervise school-age students throughout the duration of the camp.To learn more about Jazz-MU-Tazz or to apply, visit www.marshall.edu/somt/music or contact Bingham by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 304-696-3147.