- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Council Will Seek to Remove Gillespie; Weapons and Ammo Allegedly Present in Home Confinement Location
- City Attorney Resigns
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The York Grand Lodge': Fascinating Look at York's Challenge to London's Freemasonry Dominance
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- Rally for Marijuana
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Boil Water Advisory for Some Salt Rock Customers
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
Marshall College of Arts and Media opens 16th annual Jazz-MU-Tazz summer camp for younger students
Marshall Jazz Professor Dr. Ed Bingham said the camp offers the students a better understanding of playing jazz, particularly with improvisation. He also sees Jazz-MU-Tazz as an enrichment program for attendees.
"There's this sort of synergy that happens when you bring students from all over to one place to make music," Bingham said.
This year's special guest, Dr. Jeff Bair, received his master's and doctoral degrees in music from the University of North Texas and has appeared with show orchestras, including those with The Temptations, Rich Little and Frank Sinatra Jr.
The tuition for this year's Jazz-MU-Tazz is $200. Participants can choose to stay at Marshall Commons and/or add an inclusive meal plan at the same complex for an additional cost. Jazz-MU-Tazz staff members and residence hall personnel will supervise school-age students throughout the duration of the camp.To learn more about Jazz-MU-Tazz or to apply, visit www.marshall.edu/somt/music or contact Bingham by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 304-696-3147.