- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- NNSA releases Environmental Review of UPF Bomb Plant Plans
- Pike County Murder Investigation: Update
- Huntington Councilwoman Meets Hillary Clinton
- Portsmouth Waste Reburial: "Classification" withholds truths for that which is not actually classified
- Virginia man pleads guilty to defrauding The Greenbrier through cancer scheme
- Student diagnosed with meningitis; university following CDC protocol
- Huntington Fire Department now carrying life-saving medication for opioid overdoses
- Donald J. Trump Visiting Charleston
- School of Physical Therapy cloaks students during White Coat Ceremony
Marshall College of Arts and Media opens 16th annual Jazz-MU-Tazz summer camp for younger students
Marshall Jazz Professor Dr. Ed Bingham said the camp offers the students a better understanding of playing jazz, particularly with improvisation. He also sees Jazz-MU-Tazz as an enrichment program for attendees.
"There's this sort of synergy that happens when you bring students from all over to one place to make music," Bingham said.
This year's special guest, Dr. Jeff Bair, received his master's and doctoral degrees in music from the University of North Texas and has appeared with show orchestras, including those with The Temptations, Rich Little and Frank Sinatra Jr.
The tuition for this year's Jazz-MU-Tazz is $200. Participants can choose to stay at Marshall Commons and/or add an inclusive meal plan at the same complex for an additional cost. Jazz-MU-Tazz staff members and residence hall personnel will supervise school-age students throughout the duration of the camp.To learn more about Jazz-MU-Tazz or to apply, visit www.marshall.edu/somt/music or contact Bingham by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 304-696-3147.