- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Restructuring Cited for Public Works Director Dismissal
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 12, 2014
- Sustainability Concert Saturday
- Q and A with Mayor Steve Williams: Audits ALWAYS have Findings....
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- Herd Tops King, 90-76
Marshall College of Arts and Media opens 16th annual Jazz-MU-Tazz summer camp for younger students
Marshall Jazz Professor Dr. Ed Bingham said the camp offers the students a better understanding of playing jazz, particularly with improvisation. He also sees Jazz-MU-Tazz as an enrichment program for attendees.
"There's this sort of synergy that happens when you bring students from all over to one place to make music," Bingham said.
This year's special guest, Dr. Jeff Bair, received his master's and doctoral degrees in music from the University of North Texas and has appeared with show orchestras, including those with The Temptations, Rich Little and Frank Sinatra Jr.
The tuition for this year's Jazz-MU-Tazz is $200. Participants can choose to stay at Marshall Commons and/or add an inclusive meal plan at the same complex for an additional cost. Jazz-MU-Tazz staff members and residence hall personnel will supervise school-age students throughout the duration of the camp.To learn more about Jazz-MU-Tazz or to apply, visit www.marshall.edu/somt/music or contact Bingham by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 304-696-3147.