- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Silk Scarves, Hyland Bicycles and Fenders, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: On 'Real Women': Don't Hate Me -- It's Genetic
- OP-ED: Lee Kuan-Yew’s Caribbean rescue in the Commonwealth
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Confederate Memorial Day in the South
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: US and Venezuela: Don’t fan the flames, put out the fire
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- Mark Clarke Named Wildlife Manager of the Year
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
Marshall College of Arts and Media opens 16th annual Jazz-MU-Tazz summer camp for younger students
Marshall Jazz Professor Dr. Ed Bingham said the camp offers the students a better understanding of playing jazz, particularly with improvisation. He also sees Jazz-MU-Tazz as an enrichment program for attendees.
"There's this sort of synergy that happens when you bring students from all over to one place to make music," Bingham said.
This year's special guest, Dr. Jeff Bair, received his master's and doctoral degrees in music from the University of North Texas and has appeared with show orchestras, including those with The Temptations, Rich Little and Frank Sinatra Jr.
The tuition for this year's Jazz-MU-Tazz is $200. Participants can choose to stay at Marshall Commons and/or add an inclusive meal plan at the same complex for an additional cost. Jazz-MU-Tazz staff members and residence hall personnel will supervise school-age students throughout the duration of the camp.To learn more about Jazz-MU-Tazz or to apply, visit www.marshall.edu/somt/music or contact Bingham by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 304-696-3147.