- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Reports Differ on Injuries at Metropolis Nuclear Plant Following Leakage of Uranium Hexafluoride
- Honeywell, NRC Dispute Report of College Students Operating Nuclear Plant; HNN Sources Allege Book Trained Replacement Workers Operated Plant
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- City Hall Trick or Treat
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Not only cricket but West Indian self-worth at stake
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- BOOK NOTES: 'The 52 New Foods Challenge': Make Healthy Eating into a Family Game
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- Huntington Judge Added to Dancing with Pros
Summer Enrichment Program for Grades K-12 now accepting applications
The program is designed to provide children under 18 with activity-based learning experiences in writing, reading and math, with the theme "America the Beautiful," according to Dr. Sandra Stroebel from Marshall's school psychology program. She will be coordinating the summer event.
The program utilizes supervised graduate students in clinical experiences leading to certification or licensure in special education, school counseling and school psychology, Stroebel said.
Counseling and assessment services are also available, Stroebel said. The program runs from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, with breakfast and lunch provided for those under 18. Participants will be scheduled for an orientation session from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on either Wednesday, June 11, or Thursday, June 12.
The cost for each child is $100. Some limited tuition assistance is available on a need basis. Since this is a full inclusion program, regular education and special education students are encouraged to apply.
To receive a brochure/application or for more information, contact Stroebel by phone at 304-746-2032 or toll-free at 1-800-642-9842, ext. 62032; or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.