- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- OP-ED: This Time, 'Free Speech' Cannot Prevail
Summer Enrichment Program for Grades K-12 now accepting applications
The program is designed to provide children under 18 with activity-based learning experiences in writing, reading and math, with the theme "America the Beautiful," according to Dr. Sandra Stroebel from Marshall's school psychology program. She will be coordinating the summer event.
The program utilizes supervised graduate students in clinical experiences leading to certification or licensure in special education, school counseling and school psychology, Stroebel said.
Counseling and assessment services are also available, Stroebel said. The program runs from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, with breakfast and lunch provided for those under 18. Participants will be scheduled for an orientation session from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on either Wednesday, June 11, or Thursday, June 12.
The cost for each child is $100. Some limited tuition assistance is available on a need basis. Since this is a full inclusion program, regular education and special education students are encouraged to apply.
To receive a brochure/application or for more information, contact Stroebel by phone at 304-746-2032 or toll-free at 1-800-642-9842, ext. 62032; or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.