- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 12, 2014
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- COMMENTARY: How to win hearts and minds in the Middle East
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monongah' Examines Culture of West Virginia Coal Mine Operations As Well as 1907 Disaster -- The Worst Industrial Accident in Nation's History
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
Summer Enrichment Program for Grades K-12 now accepting applications
The program is designed to provide children under 18 with activity-based learning experiences in writing, reading and math, with the theme "America the Beautiful," according to Dr. Sandra Stroebel from Marshall's school psychology program. She will be coordinating the summer event.
The program utilizes supervised graduate students in clinical experiences leading to certification or licensure in special education, school counseling and school psychology, Stroebel said.
Counseling and assessment services are also available, Stroebel said. The program runs from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, with breakfast and lunch provided for those under 18. Participants will be scheduled for an orientation session from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on either Wednesday, June 11, or Thursday, June 12.
The cost for each child is $100. Some limited tuition assistance is available on a need basis. Since this is a full inclusion program, regular education and special education students are encouraged to apply.
To receive a brochure/application or for more information, contact Stroebel by phone at 304-746-2032 or toll-free at 1-800-642-9842, ext. 62032; or by e-mail at email@example.com.