- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- MU Theatre Announces Season, Ticket Specials
- Huntington Man Sentenced for Illegal Firearm Possession
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
Huntington's Mayor on Cambridge Regenerating Legacy City Panel
Mayor Williams will attend workshops during the two-day conference and will serve on a mayors’ panel during a Wednesday lunchtime event titled “Tackling the Challenges of Poverty and Inequality.” He will be joined by Pittsburgh Mayor William Peduto; Toledo, Ohio, Mayor Michael Collins; Gary, Ind., Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson; and Dayton, Ohio, Mayor Nan Whaley.
The moderated discussion and Q&A session will focus on the challenges of inequality and poverty in the respective mayors’ communities and how those issues have been shaped by neighborhood conditions. The panel also will discuss successful partnerships that have been formed to support their response to poverty and inequality.