- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Receiving Stolen Property
- Remains Believed to be Missing Woman Found
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- BREAKING : Ft. Myers Shooting Overnight
- School of Medicine welcomes students for Project P.R.E.M.E.D.
- FLASHBACK: Catch a Delorean Ride Back to the Future
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- President Obama Laments GOP Pulled Over $900 Milion from Recovery Act
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- FIRST PEEK: The Suicide Squad Clips from Comic Con
Community support sought to match Tony Hawk Foundation grant
The Tony Hawk Foundation approved the City of Huntington to receive a challenge grant in February. The challenge grant requires the City and the local community to raise $5,000 before the end of July 2014.
Once the money is raised, the Tony Hawk Foundation will match the amount. The funding will go toward the second phase of construction of the skate park, which will be built on the western end of Harris Riverfront Park.
The Foundation, a 501(c)(3), will accept, process and distribute any funds donated for the skate park construction. Tax deductible checks to the skate park fund can be made out and forwarded to: Foundation for the Tri-State Community, Inc., PO Box 2096, Ashland, KY 41105-2096. Make sure to note “Skate Park,” “Harris Riverfront” or “Hawk Grant Match” in the memo line of the check.