- Huntington Shooting Under Investigation
- COMMENTARY: Doctor Needs Patient Support for Trying to Help
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Man Arrested by Huntington Police for Possession
- Herd4Christ to organize clothing giveaway
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
Community support sought to match Tony Hawk Foundation grant
The Tony Hawk Foundation approved the City of Huntington to receive a challenge grant in February. The challenge grant requires the City and the local community to raise $5,000 before the end of July 2014.
Once the money is raised, the Tony Hawk Foundation will match the amount. The funding will go toward the second phase of construction of the skate park, which will be built on the western end of Harris Riverfront Park.
The Foundation, a 501(c)(3), will accept, process and distribute any funds donated for the skate park construction. Tax deductible checks to the skate park fund can be made out and forwarded to: Foundation for the Tri-State Community, Inc., PO Box 2096, Ashland, KY 41105-2096. Make sure to note “Skate Park,” “Harris Riverfront” or “Hawk Grant Match” in the memo line of the check.