- Two more defendants sentenced for roles in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- Huntington man sentenced on Federal oxycodone charge
- Many WV State Offices have Pre-Canadidacy Filings; Cabell Non-Partisan Judges too
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Coffee with a Cop Returns Dec. 2
- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- COLUMN: STEM Success in the Mountain State
- Marshall Assistant Coach Charged with DUI
- Attorney General Morrisey Warns of Credit and Debit Chip Card E-mail Scam
- Huntington's A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
Community support sought to match Tony Hawk Foundation grant
The Tony Hawk Foundation approved the City of Huntington to receive a challenge grant in February. The challenge grant requires the City and the local community to raise $5,000 before the end of July 2014.
Once the money is raised, the Tony Hawk Foundation will match the amount. The funding will go toward the second phase of construction of the skate park, which will be built on the western end of Harris Riverfront Park.
The Foundation, a 501(c)(3), will accept, process and distribute any funds donated for the skate park construction. Tax deductible checks to the skate park fund can be made out and forwarded to: Foundation for the Tri-State Community, Inc., PO Box 2096, Ashland, KY 41105-2096. Make sure to note “Skate Park,” “Harris Riverfront” or “Hawk Grant Match” in the memo line of the check.