- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- OP-ED: Sports Need Independent Oversight
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Near Seven Month Low Heading into Memorial Day Weekend
"Mortgage rates continued to decline this week as industrial production [PDF] slipped by 0.6 percent in April, below the market consensus forecast," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Meanwhile, housing starts [PDF] jumped 13 percent in April to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,072,000 units, well above expectations. Permits rose to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,080,000 in April, also above expectations."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.14 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending May 22, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.20 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.59 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.25 percent with an average 0.5 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.29 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.77 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.96 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.01 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.63 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.43 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, unchanged from last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.55 percent.