- CITY CRISIS: HPD, HFD May Face Scary Cuts
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- LOCATION CHANGE: Inaugural Private Party Planned for Schlotzsky's
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Huntington Police, Fire, Public Works Employees Holding News Conference on City Hall Steps
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Near Seven Month Low Heading into Memorial Day Weekend
"Mortgage rates continued to decline this week as industrial production [PDF] slipped by 0.6 percent in April, below the market consensus forecast," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Meanwhile, housing starts [PDF] jumped 13 percent in April to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,072,000 units, well above expectations. Permits rose to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,080,000 in April, also above expectations."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.14 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending May 22, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.20 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.59 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.25 percent with an average 0.5 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.29 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.77 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.96 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.01 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.63 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.43 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, unchanged from last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.55 percent.