- Huntington Police Seach for Armed Robber; Another Reported on Washington Avenue
- W.Va. AG Warns Consumers of DMV Impostor Scam
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- In Wells Fargo Case, News Really Did Happen To An Editor
- Attorney General Morrisey Fights To Protect Coal Jobs At Crucial Moment
- DEVELOPING ... FIRST LOOK: "Deepwater Horizon" Frantic Destruction Overlooking Environmental Consequences
- Man Arrested in West End of Huntingtotn for Possession
- W.Va. AG's Federal Partnership Convicts Northern W.Va. Heroin Dealer
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Federal Funding for Tri State Airport Upgrades
The FAA Airport Improvement Program, which Rahall helped to create, awarded the funds to the Tri-State Airport Authority for taxiway improvements, including replacing pavement and a new lighting system to enhance safe airfield operations during low visibility conditions. With this funding, approximately 70 percent of Huntington Tri-State’s taxiways will have been rehabilitated.
Rahall has advocated Federal funding for capital improvements at Huntington Tri-State to rehabilitate and extend its taxiways and runways and improve terminal buildings in order to enhance airport safety and capacity.
“Maintaining critical Federal aviation investments in southern West Virginia, which support the planning and financing of capital projects at airports like Huntington Tri-State, as well as air service between West Virginia communities and major airline hubs, is necessary to ensure West Virginians have timely access to destinations throughout the United States and around the globe,” said Rahall.