- Major Economic Development Announcement for Huntington
- DEVELOPING... Cincinnati TV Station Reports 30 OD's in One Day
- Marshall rolls out active shooter training for faculty, staff and students
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Third meth mule pleads guilty for role in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- General Counsel at West Virginia Department of Administration Selected as CSG Toll Fellow
- Why Are We Still Wasting Billions on Homeland Security Projects That Don’t Make Us Safer?
- Sandusky County Sheriff Indicted on 43 Counts
- Record Numbers of Female Vets Strain System
Federal Funding for Tri State Airport Upgrades
The FAA Airport Improvement Program, which Rahall helped to create, awarded the funds to the Tri-State Airport Authority for taxiway improvements, including replacing pavement and a new lighting system to enhance safe airfield operations during low visibility conditions. With this funding, approximately 70 percent of Huntington Tri-State’s taxiways will have been rehabilitated.
Rahall has advocated Federal funding for capital improvements at Huntington Tri-State to rehabilitate and extend its taxiways and runways and improve terminal buildings in order to enhance airport safety and capacity.
“Maintaining critical Federal aviation investments in southern West Virginia, which support the planning and financing of capital projects at airports like Huntington Tri-State, as well as air service between West Virginia communities and major airline hubs, is necessary to ensure West Virginians have timely access to destinations throughout the United States and around the globe,” said Rahall.