- Orlando Mostly Deserted; This was a 9/11, a Former Huntington Resident Believes
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Flooding Closes Greenbrier
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- West Virginia American Water Response to Flood-Related Operational Impacts Continues
- BREAKING... Mayor's Office of Drug Control Policy Gains Honorable Mention at Indianapolis Conference
- Senate President Bill Cole Urges Caution During State of Emergency
Federal Funding for Tri State Airport Upgrades
The FAA Airport Improvement Program, which Rahall helped to create, awarded the funds to the Tri-State Airport Authority for taxiway improvements, including replacing pavement and a new lighting system to enhance safe airfield operations during low visibility conditions. With this funding, approximately 70 percent of Huntington Tri-State’s taxiways will have been rehabilitated.
Rahall has advocated Federal funding for capital improvements at Huntington Tri-State to rehabilitate and extend its taxiways and runways and improve terminal buildings in order to enhance airport safety and capacity.
“Maintaining critical Federal aviation investments in southern West Virginia, which support the planning and financing of capital projects at airports like Huntington Tri-State, as well as air service between West Virginia communities and major airline hubs, is necessary to ensure West Virginians have timely access to destinations throughout the United States and around the globe,” said Rahall.