- Attorney General Morrisey, 21 States Win Gun Rights Victory
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Protecting the integrity of Social Security
- Council Deliberating Legislative Hate Crime Recommendation
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- COLUMN: The Republican Debate: Who Goes First?
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- WAAAHHHH…but we don’t wanna get arrested!!
- Attorney General Morrisey & Coalition Files Response To EPA in U.S. Supreme Court
- More than $200,000 in Heroin, Cocaine Seized as Part of Ongoing Drug Trafficking Investigation
Federal Funding for Tri State Airport Upgrades
The FAA Airport Improvement Program, which Rahall helped to create, awarded the funds to the Tri-State Airport Authority for taxiway improvements, including replacing pavement and a new lighting system to enhance safe airfield operations during low visibility conditions. With this funding, approximately 70 percent of Huntington Tri-State’s taxiways will have been rehabilitated.
Rahall has advocated Federal funding for capital improvements at Huntington Tri-State to rehabilitate and extend its taxiways and runways and improve terminal buildings in order to enhance airport safety and capacity.
“Maintaining critical Federal aviation investments in southern West Virginia, which support the planning and financing of capital projects at airports like Huntington Tri-State, as well as air service between West Virginia communities and major airline hubs, is necessary to ensure West Virginians have timely access to destinations throughout the United States and around the globe,” said Rahall.