- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- No Erosion Issues for Proposed Huntington Development
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- National Average Projected to Hit $1.99 on Thanksgiving; First Time Since 2009
- Huntington Police Make Weekend Drug, Robbery Arrests
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Development Projects Discussions on Monday Agendas of Council, HMDA
- COMMENTARY: ISIS and changing the game
- Thanksgiving, Random Santa, ugly sweaters and holiday cheer at Pipestem Resort State Park
Federal Funding for Tri State Airport Upgrades
The FAA Airport Improvement Program, which Rahall helped to create, awarded the funds to the Tri-State Airport Authority for taxiway improvements, including replacing pavement and a new lighting system to enhance safe airfield operations during low visibility conditions. With this funding, approximately 70 percent of Huntington Tri-State’s taxiways will have been rehabilitated.
Rahall has advocated Federal funding for capital improvements at Huntington Tri-State to rehabilitate and extend its taxiways and runways and improve terminal buildings in order to enhance airport safety and capacity.
“Maintaining critical Federal aviation investments in southern West Virginia, which support the planning and financing of capital projects at airports like Huntington Tri-State, as well as air service between West Virginia communities and major airline hubs, is necessary to ensure West Virginians have timely access to destinations throughout the United States and around the globe,” said Rahall.