- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- Four People Arrested following Seizure of Heroin, Cash
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- Bunny Appearing Saturday in Central City
- Rudolph Lands Soon at the Keith
- Detroit Man Arrested as River to Jail Moves Forward
- Southwest Ohio Violent Crimes Task Force Successful in First Year of Operation
- Mayor Greets Four Legged Friend at City Hall
Federal Funding for Tri State Airport Upgrades
The FAA Airport Improvement Program, which Rahall helped to create, awarded the funds to the Tri-State Airport Authority for taxiway improvements, including replacing pavement and a new lighting system to enhance safe airfield operations during low visibility conditions. With this funding, approximately 70 percent of Huntington Tri-State’s taxiways will have been rehabilitated.
Rahall has advocated Federal funding for capital improvements at Huntington Tri-State to rehabilitate and extend its taxiways and runways and improve terminal buildings in order to enhance airport safety and capacity.
“Maintaining critical Federal aviation investments in southern West Virginia, which support the planning and financing of capital projects at airports like Huntington Tri-State, as well as air service between West Virginia communities and major airline hubs, is necessary to ensure West Virginians have timely access to destinations throughout the United States and around the globe,” said Rahall.