- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- Dollar Tree Acquires Family Dollar
- WV Doesn't State Status of Huntington Pension Benefit Payments; Formulas, Rules Complex
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- Huntington store to be sold to new competitor as part of multi-state agreement
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
- Man Convicted of Heroin Distribution Hid Drug Under Police Car Seat
- DEVELOPING: Huntington Will Receive Brownfields Grant
MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for May 23, 2014
Fiscal 2014 research, development, test and evaluation funds in the amount of $5,555,539 are being obligated at award. This was a sole-source acquisition. U.S. Army Program Executive Office Simulation, Training and Instrumentation, Orlando, Florida, is the contracting activity (W900KK-14-C-0020).
Lockheed Martin Integrated Systems, Bethesda, Maryland, is being awarded a $23,649,192 modification to previously awarded contract (N00024-06-C-6272) for systems engineering and integration in support of Submarine Warfare Federated Tactical Systems. These services include requirements synthesis, technical performance parameter derivation, test and validation, and configuration management and control of the submarine fleet electronic interface database. Work will be performed in Manassas, Virginia (44 percent); Middletown, Rhode Island (12 percent); San Antonio, Texas (8 percent); Groton, Connecticut (7 percent); Newport, Rhode Island (7 percent); Woodbridge, Virginia (7 percent); Riverdale, Maryland (5 percent); Canton, Illinois (3 percent); Greensboro, North Carolina (3 percent); Bethesda, Maryland (2 percent); Mystic, Connecticut (1 percent); and North Waterford, Connecticut (1 percent); it is expected to be completed by January 2015. Fiscal 2013 shipbuilding and conversion (Navy); fiscal 2014 research, development, test and evaluation; and fiscal 2014 other procurement (Navy), contract funds in the amount of $5,383,387 will be obligated at time of award and will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington, District of Columbia, is the contracting activity.