- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- Fre Destroys Business, Apartment Building on 8th Street
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Hope Tower Will be Evacuated
Marshall Psychology Clinic to offer transgender group beginning June 10
"It is important to provide and assist in giving needed support and resources to individuals who may be experiencing any type of problems related to being transgender," Boster said. "There are limited resources or support networks available in this area for the transgender community. We've received several requests for a transgender group in the Psychology Clinic, and we want to make the group available to anyone who is interested."
Dr. Keith Beard, the psychology clinic director, added, "We've run this group in the past with great success. There is definitely a need and we are very pleased to be able to provide the service. I'm also very pleased that we have clinic staff who are willing to and interested in providing services to a community that is often ignored."
"We hope that the group will help provide guidance and a sense of support to group members," Wilks said. "We will discuss a wide variety of common issues, as well as address the unique concerns of the members. Essentially, the chief goal in conducting this group is to provide an open forum for discussion and assistance in navigating the full range of physical and emotional concerns involved with being a transgender individual."
Organizers said that the group will be a safe and supportive group environment to discuss a variety of issues -- such as coming out, discrimination, transformation, and family/relationship issues -- with others in similar situations, whether they are just coming to realize they are transgender, are in the process of transitioning, or have fully transitioned.
Group sessions will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Those interested in participating should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5.