- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Drops One Point in December
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in November as Inventory Slightly Tightens
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- OP-ED: The $7 Million University President
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
New Antique Shop to Host Grand Opening Celebration June 6 – 7 in Huntington
American Country Treasures features antiques, primitives, local crafts and home décor. The store rents space to local vendors who provide items to be sold in this beautiful and spacious new location. Some vendors will be available at the Grand Opening to meet and talk to customers about their products. There are currently 29 vendors housed under this one location. Owners will be grilling hotdogs outside to welcome shoppers to the celebration. Classes will be offered in the future that allow attendees to learn a trade from local artisans.
“We make a deal with our vendors. We will provide them with a clean, unique atmosphere to sell their products, and they will maintain their area and provide quality items at affordable prices. This is much more than an antique mall. We specialize in service and atmosphere.” says owner Ron Hunt. What makes the venue for American Country Treasures unique is the venue itself. Patrons are quick to reminisce as they take a leisurely stroll through the shops, looking at items that bring back memories from times past. “They often make the connection when they see things that their parents or grandparents used, or when they see items they may have forgotten from their childhood,” Hunt said.
American Country Treasures is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 11am – 6pm and Sunday from 1pm-5pm. For more information call the store at 304.525.9876 or 304.417.1975.