- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- Missing Huntington Woman Found Safe
- Understanding the Suffering War Brings
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- OP-ED: Seeking Truth Together: Challenging the Silence Racism Creates
- Marshall to Hold Public Sale of Athletic Items
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
Some Gave All Stressed During Veterans Memoral Day Ceremonies at Arch
"The freedom to stand and talk freely" recalls only one of the freedoms for which they sacrificed their lives.
Stressing national pride in uniforms, units, the flag and patriotic remembrances, Peckham cited the lyrics of "Some Gave All," which a Korean War veteran first stated, adding, "If you don't get a lump in your throat , you should when you hear the Star Spangled Banner."
Other speakers included Brian Nimmo, director of the Veterans Administration Medical Center; Laura Finley, staff assistant VA Regional Office; Rick Thompson, Secretary, WV Department of Veterans Assistance; and Ron Wroblewski, general chairman VCCI. Circuit Judge Chris Chiles sang "America the Beautiful," "God Bless America," and the "Star Spangled Banner."