- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
Huntington Councilman Ball Will Vote No on Paygrade Revisions
Council has expressed mixed feelings although Williams has stressed the necessity for near comparable cities of Huntington's size, particularly since two resignations have occurred in the last couple of months.
At large councilman David Ball said, "I can not justify giving six people" potential raises by pay grade revision. "I disagree with the economics," Ball said, warning (in his opinion) that the city faces sewer hikes soon despite the reorganization of the Huntington Sanitary Board which absorbed stormwater employees.
Ball contends that the move is outside the city charter.
Still, he offered a kernel of negotiation. "If the Mayor brings something (more economically feasible) , I'd support it," noting that he has previously supported 97% of administration proposals.
"There's nothing person. I have to vote my conscience," Ball indicated.
For prior stories on the proposal , check out: