- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Congressman Shuster Endorses Donald Trump for President
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- 2016 Brewskies Lineup Announced
- COLUMN: Tap Shoes ---- 15 Years of Improper HMO Care
- Governor Tomblin Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
- Announcing the new Tamarack Foundation Emerging Artist Fellowship
- Big data, global studies majors to begin in the fall
- Miss America Titleholders from all 52 States and Territories to Raise Money for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
Cabell County Schools Providing Students Access to Accelerated Reader Program this Summer
Accelerated Reader is a motivational, online tool which provides students with thousands of online quizzes to encourage student reading. Based on student test outcomes, the tool will award students points for correct responses.
To take advantage of this tool, Students simply log on to the site at any library with the sign in information they use at school and take an AR test. The computer will keep track of their scores and points while the students continue to read throughout the summer and after school in the fall.
There is also a parent component to the AR program which allows parents to monitor their children’s test taking activity and scores, providing them with an email report when their child takes a test.
For additional information, please contact Angie Ware, English and Language Arts Supervisor for Cabell County Schools by email at email@example.com or by calling (304) 528-5053.