- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- Superintendent Sam! Carnifex Ferry State Park’s Sam Cowell nominated for ServiceWear Apparel award; Public vote through Dec. 4, 2015, can make West Virginia a winner
- A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
- Give Thanks…Without a Poisoning!
Cabell County Schools Providing Students Access to Accelerated Reader Program this Summer
Accelerated Reader is a motivational, online tool which provides students with thousands of online quizzes to encourage student reading. Based on student test outcomes, the tool will award students points for correct responses.
To take advantage of this tool, Students simply log on to the site at any library with the sign in information they use at school and take an AR test. The computer will keep track of their scores and points while the students continue to read throughout the summer and after school in the fall.
There is also a parent component to the AR program which allows parents to monitor their children’s test taking activity and scores, providing them with an email report when their child takes a test.
For additional information, please contact Angie Ware, English and Language Arts Supervisor for Cabell County Schools by email at email@example.com or by calling (304) 528-5053.