- Guyandotte River Readied for Huntington Drinking Water Supply
- Testing Shows Presence of Toxin in Ohio River above Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Remain Near 2014 Lows
- School of Medicine recognizes Drs. Joseph B. and Omayma T. Touma for diversity efforts
- Generation Huntington Nominees due Friday
- Political Satire: Portsmouth Considering Marting Building for City Offices ... Again
Cabell County Schools Providing Students Access to Accelerated Reader Program this Summer
Accelerated Reader is a motivational, online tool which provides students with thousands of online quizzes to encourage student reading. Based on student test outcomes, the tool will award students points for correct responses.
To take advantage of this tool, Students simply log on to the site at any library with the sign in information they use at school and take an AR test. The computer will keep track of their scores and points while the students continue to read throughout the summer and after school in the fall.
There is also a parent component to the AR program which allows parents to monitor their children’s test taking activity and scores, providing them with an email report when their child takes a test.
For additional information, please contact Angie Ware, English and Language Arts Supervisor for Cabell County Schools by email at email@example.com or by calling (304) 528-5053.