- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Reports Differ on Injuries at Metropolis Nuclear Plant Following Leakage of Uranium Hexafluoride
- Honeywell, NRC Dispute Report of College Students Operating Nuclear Plant; HNN Sources Allege Book Trained Replacement Workers Operated Plant
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- City Hall Trick or Treat
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Not only cricket but West Indian self-worth at stake
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- BOOK NOTES: 'The 52 New Foods Challenge': Make Healthy Eating into a Family Game
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- Huntington Judge Added to Dancing with Pros
Cabell County Schools Providing Students Access to Accelerated Reader Program this Summer
Accelerated Reader is a motivational, online tool which provides students with thousands of online quizzes to encourage student reading. Based on student test outcomes, the tool will award students points for correct responses.
To take advantage of this tool, Students simply log on to the site at any library with the sign in information they use at school and take an AR test. The computer will keep track of their scores and points while the students continue to read throughout the summer and after school in the fall.
There is also a parent component to the AR program which allows parents to monitor their children’s test taking activity and scores, providing them with an email report when their child takes a test.
For additional information, please contact Angie Ware, English and Language Arts Supervisor for Cabell County Schools by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (304) 528-5053.