- Man Dies After Double Shooting on Huntington's Ninth Avenue
- No Layoff Decisions on Looming Huntington Deficit; Police Car Purchase Put Off
- W.Va. AG Collaboration Prosecutes Ponzi Scheme, Nets Significant Prison Sentence
- Former office manager of Mountain State Justice pleads guilty for embezzling over $1.5 million
- Executive Order Minimizing the Economic Burden of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Pending Repeal
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Presidential Memorandum Regarding the Hiring Freeze
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Black History Month to be observed in a variety of ways at Marshall
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
Cabell County Schools Providing Students Access to Accelerated Reader Program this Summer
Accelerated Reader is a motivational, online tool which provides students with thousands of online quizzes to encourage student reading. Based on student test outcomes, the tool will award students points for correct responses.
To take advantage of this tool, Students simply log on to the site at any library with the sign in information they use at school and take an AR test. The computer will keep track of their scores and points while the students continue to read throughout the summer and after school in the fall.
There is also a parent component to the AR program which allows parents to monitor their children’s test taking activity and scores, providing them with an email report when their child takes a test.
For additional information, please contact Angie Ware, English and Language Arts Supervisor for Cabell County Schools by email at email@example.com or by calling (304) 528-5053.