- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: On 'Real Women': Don't Hate Me -- It's Genetic
- Thundering Herd IMG Network to Air 10 Baseball Broadcasts
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: US and Venezuela: Don’t fan the flames, put out the fire
Cabell County Schools Providing Students Access to Accelerated Reader Program this Summer
Accelerated Reader is a motivational, online tool which provides students with thousands of online quizzes to encourage student reading. Based on student test outcomes, the tool will award students points for correct responses.
To take advantage of this tool, Students simply log on to the site at any library with the sign in information they use at school and take an AR test. The computer will keep track of their scores and points while the students continue to read throughout the summer and after school in the fall.
There is also a parent component to the AR program which allows parents to monitor their children’s test taking activity and scores, providing them with an email report when their child takes a test.
For additional information, please contact Angie Ware, English and Language Arts Supervisor for Cabell County Schools by email at email@example.com or by calling (304) 528-5053.