- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 2, 2015
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- Local athlete goes from the small screen to the gridiron
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
Huntington Mayor Announces "Gigabit City" Selectiton; Broadband, Free Wi Fi Projects
This feasibility study will assume a 10-year business case that will include all aspects of deploying and maintaining an advanced Gigabit-speed broadband network across the community. It will evaluate capital deployment costs, operations and maintenance costs, recurring and non-recurring revenue and success-based capital costs related to a growing subscriber business.
The Broadband Deployment Council received a grant to undertake this project. It will conduct feasibility studies in four to six cities in West Virginia, but Huntington will be the first.Williams also noted that the city is collaborating with Marshall University to test free WiFi late this summer or early fall
- Gigabit City Information (117.76 KB)