- Fed Ex Warns of Fraudulent Email
- Pro-Life Leaders Cole and Armstead to Address Pro Life Crowd
- Storm Drain, Street Cleaning Report Issued for 2015
- Attorney General Morrisey Hails Historic and Unprecedented Victory Against EPA
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Del. Miller First GOP Woman to Preside over House of Delegates
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Marshall to host 44th annual speech and debate tournament for high school students
- Marshall’s 47th Annual Jazz Festival to sound off Feb. 18-20
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
Juneteenth Celebration Celebration June 14
The festival is being revived after a three-year absence with the leadership of Donte Jackson, pastor of First Baptist Church and a volunteer with the Go 1st Community Development Corp. The City of Huntington, Cabell County Commission, Cabell-Huntington Convention and Visitors Bureau, Create Huntington and Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Huntington are sponsoring the event.
Juneteenth is the oldest-known celebration commemorating the end of slavery in the United States when, on June 19, 1865, Texas became the last state to proclaim freedom.
This year’s theme will be “United as a Community: Celebrating our Heritage.” The festival is seeking food and retail vendors.
For more information, call Jackson at 304-444-1947 or email Go1stCDC@gmail.com. All contributions to the festival are tax-deductible.