- Huntington Racing Scheduled for Broadcast
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- Career Expo for first Physical Therapy graduating class is Tuesday, Aug. 26
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 20, 2014
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Solar Systems, Storage Hangers, and Other Product Recalls
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Kamla is right: Joint Caribbean action vital to ensure no health crisis
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 31, 2014
- Marshall University to host Thundering Herd community kick-off event
- OP-ED: Global Justice for Our Girls: Hashtags and Selfies Still Aren’t Enough
Juneteenth Celebration Celebration June 14
The festival is being revived after a three-year absence with the leadership of Donte Jackson, pastor of First Baptist Church and a volunteer with the Go 1st Community Development Corp. The City of Huntington, Cabell County Commission, Cabell-Huntington Convention and Visitors Bureau, Create Huntington and Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Huntington are sponsoring the event.
Juneteenth is the oldest-known celebration commemorating the end of slavery in the United States when, on June 19, 1865, Texas became the last state to proclaim freedom.
This year’s theme will be “United as a Community: Celebrating our Heritage.” The festival is seeking food and retail vendors.
For more information, call Jackson at 304-444-1947 or email Go1stCDC@gmail.com. All contributions to the festival are tax-deductible.