- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Q and A with Mayor Steve Williams: Audits ALWAYS have Findings....
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- Groups Coalesce Against Fracking Activity in Ohio River Valley
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 12, 2014
- Herd Tops King, 90-76
- Southern Faces Federal Criminal Charges for Bankruptcy and Wire Fraud in January MCHM Spill
- Motown Experience to Raise Funds for Keith Albee
- OP-ED: The $7 Million University President
Juneteenth Celebration Celebration June 14
The festival is being revived after a three-year absence with the leadership of Donte Jackson, pastor of First Baptist Church and a volunteer with the Go 1st Community Development Corp. The City of Huntington, Cabell County Commission, Cabell-Huntington Convention and Visitors Bureau, Create Huntington and Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Huntington are sponsoring the event.
Juneteenth is the oldest-known celebration commemorating the end of slavery in the United States when, on June 19, 1865, Texas became the last state to proclaim freedom.
This year’s theme will be “United as a Community: Celebrating our Heritage.” The festival is seeking food and retail vendors.
For more information, call Jackson at 304-444-1947 or email Go1stCDC@gmail.com. All contributions to the festival are tax-deductible.