- Huntington Councilwoman's Husband Carjacked, Beaten
- Tsubasacon Friday IMAGES
- Jim Justice Speaking in Huntington
- UPDATED: Large Selection New Tsubasacon Mascarade, Winners, Skits, Cosplaying IMAGES
- IntelliPoint Technologies Recognized in CIOReview Magazine
- Sternwheeler Sailing to Huntington
- UPDATED: Shooting Suspect in Custody
- OP ED: Manipulating Reality: Facebook Is Listening to You
- Final 2015 Blennerhassett Island State Park dinner cruise, Oct. 16
- Milling Work Slated Next Week in Huntington
Juneteenth Celebration Celebration June 14
The festival is being revived after a three-year absence with the leadership of Donte Jackson, pastor of First Baptist Church and a volunteer with the Go 1st Community Development Corp. The City of Huntington, Cabell County Commission, Cabell-Huntington Convention and Visitors Bureau, Create Huntington and Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Huntington are sponsoring the event.
Juneteenth is the oldest-known celebration commemorating the end of slavery in the United States when, on June 19, 1865, Texas became the last state to proclaim freedom.
This year’s theme will be “United as a Community: Celebrating our Heritage.” The festival is seeking food and retail vendors.
For more information, call Jackson at 304-444-1947 or email Go1stCDC@gmail.com. All contributions to the festival are tax-deductible.