- Former Employees Testified Radiation Hazards Near former Huntington Nuclear Weapons Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 21, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Gets Ready to Regatta
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 18, 2014
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- CSB Investigation Finds No Record of Inspections on Freedom Industries Chemical Storage Tanks
Mitigation Proposed for Consent to Demolish Black Orphanage
Under the draft proposals, the board will erect a memorial and interpretive sign outside the new school, create a permanent exhibit commemorating the orphanage within the new school, add the history of the orphanage to the Eighth Grade WV Studies curriculum, create an on line digital text book, and implement a historical survey of past African American historic sites in Huntington.
Prior to demolition, the school board would “document photographically” that which is historically significant including photos of the interior, exterior and a floor plan.
Public comments on the draft proposals are due February 14, 2011 , according to a letter from Lexington, Ky. based consultant, Cultural Resource Analysts. They can be emailed to Dr. Karen E. Hudson, firstname.lastname@example.org .