- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- Former Bank Vice President Made More than $1.4 Million in Bad Loans
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Hits Highest Level Since Nov. 2005
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme; Bureau Seeks More than $500 Million In Relief For Borrowers of Corinthian’s Private Student Loans
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
Mitigation Proposed for Consent to Demolish Black Orphanage
Under the draft proposals, the board will erect a memorial and interpretive sign outside the new school, create a permanent exhibit commemorating the orphanage within the new school, add the history of the orphanage to the Eighth Grade WV Studies curriculum, create an on line digital text book, and implement a historical survey of past African American historic sites in Huntington.
Prior to demolition, the school board would “document photographically” that which is historically significant including photos of the interior, exterior and a floor plan.
Public comments on the draft proposals are due February 14, 2011 , according to a letter from Lexington, Ky. based consultant, Cultural Resource Analysts. They can be emailed to Dr. Karen E. Hudson, email@example.com .