- Former Mayor Kim Wolfe Breaks Silence; Williams Takes Credit for Foundations Laid in Wolfe Administration
- DEVELOPING.... Proposed Council Action Likely Wound Increase Movie Ticket Costs for Adults and Children
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Barboursville Holds Christmas Parade; Santa, Elsa, Marching Bands IMAGES
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- Sanitary Board Forwards 57% Operational, Maintenance Increase to Council; New Council will Decide on Increases for $75 Million Infrastructure
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
Mitigation Proposed for Consent to Demolish Black Orphanage
Under the draft proposals, the board will erect a memorial and interpretive sign outside the new school, create a permanent exhibit commemorating the orphanage within the new school, add the history of the orphanage to the Eighth Grade WV Studies curriculum, create an on line digital text book, and implement a historical survey of past African American historic sites in Huntington.
Prior to demolition, the school board would “document photographically” that which is historically significant including photos of the interior, exterior and a floor plan.
Public comments on the draft proposals are due February 14, 2011 , according to a letter from Lexington, Ky. based consultant, Cultural Resource Analysts. They can be emailed to Dr. Karen E. Hudson, firstname.lastname@example.org .