- UPDATED...PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- Huntington Police Have Busy Holiday Weekend
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
Broken Icon Co-Founder Talks Growing Comic Cons in Dayton, Baltimore, Huntington
I honestly think it's the promoters. If you do a great job, and put out a great product, then you will gain a fan base and it will grow. Our success has been huge becoming the most attended show of any kind in WV in only two years.
The fans we have are unlike any others. They are amazing and they make it easy for us to get guest and put this on every year.
Have you had success in other cities like in Huntington?
We haven't promoted other shows but the shows we've been to are hit and miss. Dayton, Ohio which is home to Gem City Comic Con is great to us and Baltimore is always a joy.
what are the difference in fans --- do they like different characters --- in Dayton and Baltimore?
No. Again I think its how the promoters approach the show. If you pitch a show as a media show, your getting TV and movie fans. If you pitch it using cosplay your getting people who like to dress up. If you pitch it as comics, then you get comic fans. Baltimore, Gem City, Derby City and ourselves pitch it as a comic show by comic fans for comic fans.
I know this is "business", but do you have a "favorite" style or group of characters?
I don' t approach it as business. I approach it as what would I want to see in a comic show. I approach it as fun not business. I don't love characters as much as creators; Every creator here I love their work; whether its Jeremy Barlow's Mass Effect or James Asmus' Gambit.