- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade IMAGES
- Coca Cola Refuses to Admit Shareowners to Annual Meeting
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hillary Concentrates on Substance Abuse at Charleston Forum IMAGES
- Drive By West Huntington Shooting Allegedly Drug Related
- Students work to solve West Virginia’s biggest challenges
- Beckley Con Benefits Women's Resource Center
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
Broken Icon Co-Founder Talks Growing Comic Cons in Dayton, Baltimore, Huntington
I honestly think it's the promoters. If you do a great job, and put out a great product, then you will gain a fan base and it will grow. Our success has been huge becoming the most attended show of any kind in WV in only two years.
The fans we have are unlike any others. They are amazing and they make it easy for us to get guest and put this on every year.
Have you had success in other cities like in Huntington?
We haven't promoted other shows but the shows we've been to are hit and miss. Dayton, Ohio which is home to Gem City Comic Con is great to us and Baltimore is always a joy.
what are the difference in fans --- do they like different characters --- in Dayton and Baltimore?
No. Again I think its how the promoters approach the show. If you pitch a show as a media show, your getting TV and movie fans. If you pitch it using cosplay your getting people who like to dress up. If you pitch it as comics, then you get comic fans. Baltimore, Gem City, Derby City and ourselves pitch it as a comic show by comic fans for comic fans.
I know this is "business", but do you have a "favorite" style or group of characters?
I don' t approach it as business. I approach it as what would I want to see in a comic show. I approach it as fun not business. I don't love characters as much as creators; Every creator here I love their work; whether its Jeremy Barlow's Mass Effect or James Asmus' Gambit.