- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- Detroit Man Arrested as River to Jail Moves Forward
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- Four People Arrested following Seizure of Heroin, Cash
- Rudolph Lands Soon at the Keith
- Huntington City Council Agenda
- Bunny Appearing Saturday in Central City
- Chat 'n Chew Discussing Brews
- Attorney General Morrisey Offers Tips to Keep Homes Safe During Hunting Season
Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine plans major scholarship fundraiser
The event, "Outstanding in Our Field," is being coordinated by two Marshall "first ladies," Jane Kopp and Mary Shapiro, along with Linda Holmes, JCESOM's director of development and alumni affairs, and is hosted by Dr. Bobby and Eric Harden-Miller.
"We are so thrilled to offer this exciting and fun evening which will benefit our students in the years to come," Holmes said. "The event is being held at a beautiful, bucolic farm just outside Huntington and features food and wine pairings. We're calling it country casual and hope many people from our community will join us."
Steven Nakano, a rising 4th-year medical student, will serve as chef. The school's dean, Dr. Joseph Shapiro, is on board as the sous chef and will be joined by Judge Dan O'Hanlon as sommelier.
"The Jillettes," a musical group from northeastern Ohio that includes Dr. Donnah Wolodkin Whitaker, JCESOM Class of 1984, will provide the evening's entertainment.
Title sponsors are Cabell Huntington Hospital and St. Mary's Medical Center. Other sponsors include Valley Health, Marshall Orthopaedics, Dr. and Mrs. Stephen J. Kopp, Retina Consultants, Edward Tucker Architects, Inc., Thomas Health System and State Electric Supply Co.Individual tickets are $125 and may be purchased by calling Tami Fletcher at 304-691-1701 or by email at email@example.com.