- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Former Huntington Detective, City, Supervisors Sued for Civil Rights Violations, Sexual Abuse
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- Shooting Near Huntington's Norway Avenue, Suspect at Large
- Charleston man pleads guilty for role in large-scale methamphetamine conspiracy
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- University presidents underscore higher education as an investment in West Virginia’s future
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine plans major scholarship fundraiser
The event, "Outstanding in Our Field," is being coordinated by two Marshall "first ladies," Jane Kopp and Mary Shapiro, along with Linda Holmes, JCESOM's director of development and alumni affairs, and is hosted by Dr. Bobby and Eric Harden-Miller.
"We are so thrilled to offer this exciting and fun evening which will benefit our students in the years to come," Holmes said. "The event is being held at a beautiful, bucolic farm just outside Huntington and features food and wine pairings. We're calling it country casual and hope many people from our community will join us."
Steven Nakano, a rising 4th-year medical student, will serve as chef. The school's dean, Dr. Joseph Shapiro, is on board as the sous chef and will be joined by Judge Dan O'Hanlon as sommelier.
"The Jillettes," a musical group from northeastern Ohio that includes Dr. Donnah Wolodkin Whitaker, JCESOM Class of 1984, will provide the evening's entertainment.
Title sponsors are Cabell Huntington Hospital and St. Mary's Medical Center. Other sponsors include Valley Health, Marshall Orthopaedics, Dr. and Mrs. Stephen J. Kopp, Retina Consultants, Edward Tucker Architects, Inc., Thomas Health System and State Electric Supply Co.Individual tickets are $125 and may be purchased by calling Tami Fletcher at 304-691-1701 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.