- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Wilson family establishes endowed scholarship for medical students
- Freedom Industries and former Freedom Industries plant manager sentenced for roles in chemical spill
- John Jasko, M.D., named Castle Connolly ‘Top Doctor’
- UPDATE: Swat Team Dispatched; Huntington's Marcum Terrace Scene of Another Shooting
- Huntington's Public Works director relieved of duties
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine plans major scholarship fundraiser
The event, "Outstanding in Our Field," is being coordinated by two Marshall "first ladies," Jane Kopp and Mary Shapiro, along with Linda Holmes, JCESOM's director of development and alumni affairs, and is hosted by Dr. Bobby and Eric Harden-Miller.
"We are so thrilled to offer this exciting and fun evening which will benefit our students in the years to come," Holmes said. "The event is being held at a beautiful, bucolic farm just outside Huntington and features food and wine pairings. We're calling it country casual and hope many people from our community will join us."
Steven Nakano, a rising 4th-year medical student, will serve as chef. The school's dean, Dr. Joseph Shapiro, is on board as the sous chef and will be joined by Judge Dan O'Hanlon as sommelier.
"The Jillettes," a musical group from northeastern Ohio that includes Dr. Donnah Wolodkin Whitaker, JCESOM Class of 1984, will provide the evening's entertainment.
Title sponsors are Cabell Huntington Hospital and St. Mary's Medical Center. Other sponsors include Valley Health, Marshall Orthopaedics, Dr. and Mrs. Stephen J. Kopp, Retina Consultants, Edward Tucker Architects, Inc., Thomas Health System and State Electric Supply Co.Individual tickets are $125 and may be purchased by calling Tami Fletcher at 304-691-1701 or by email at email@example.com.