- Former Employees Testified Radiation Hazards Near former Huntington Nuclear Weapons Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 21, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Council Announces Meeting Agenda
- OP-ED: Three-fifths of an Attorney General Declares POWs 'Non-Persons'
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- Huntington Gets Ready to Regatta
- Sen. Manchin, Gov. Tomblin announce additional scientific testing and monitoring of chemicals spilled in Kanawha Valley
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
Leave No Trace Comes to Park in July
The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers are coming to Ritter Park! Join the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District as it hosts the Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers for a free and hands-on environmental workshop designed to introduce kids to the outdoors and pique their interest in outdoor recreation and stewardship. By practicing Leave No Trace, we can preserve and protect our natural world for future generations. This workshop will include interactive instruction, Leave No Trace PEAK Activities, as well as our Teen Program and information on how to become a Leave No Trace steward. The Traveling Trainers are committed to teaching Leave No Trace education as they live on the road, sleep 200 nights a year in a tent, and offer this award winning program in communities from coast to coast.
The folks at WVSU Extension Office will also be on hand to demonstrate how to make container gardens and rain gardens at home.
We look forward to sharing an afternoon of environmentally-friendly activities with you at Ritter Park!