- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cos Play
- Two Drug Arrests in Huntington
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- 10th Anniversary Showing of "We Are Marshall" Scheduled Nov. 11 At Keith Albee
- Students to host ‘Candlelight Vigil for Justice’
- Huntington Police Seach for Armed Robber; Another Reported on Washington Avenue
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Alumni association to sponsor awareness event for the homeless Nov. 5
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
Leave No Trace Comes to Park in July
The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers are coming to Ritter Park! Join the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District as it hosts the Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers for a free and hands-on environmental workshop designed to introduce kids to the outdoors and pique their interest in outdoor recreation and stewardship. By practicing Leave No Trace, we can preserve and protect our natural world for future generations. This workshop will include interactive instruction, Leave No Trace PEAK Activities, as well as our Teen Program and information on how to become a Leave No Trace steward. The Traveling Trainers are committed to teaching Leave No Trace education as they live on the road, sleep 200 nights a year in a tent, and offer this award winning program in communities from coast to coast.
The folks at WVSU Extension Office will also be on hand to demonstrate how to make container gardens and rain gardens at home.
We look forward to sharing an afternoon of environmentally-friendly activities with you at Ritter Park!