- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 20, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 19, 2014
- Green and White High School Football Record Setter on Screen
- City Welcomes Intern for Promoting Events
- CFPB Takes Action Against Auto Finance Company for Distorting Borrower Credit Reports; First Investors Fined $2.75 Million for Knowingly Providing Inaccurate Information to Credit Reporting Agencies for Years
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- Appalachian Uprising Becomes Jewel City Jamboree in 2015
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- Huntington Council Agenda Announced; Work Session Monday Evening
Leave No Trace Comes to Park in July
The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers are coming to Ritter Park! Join the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District as it hosts the Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers for a free and hands-on environmental workshop designed to introduce kids to the outdoors and pique their interest in outdoor recreation and stewardship. By practicing Leave No Trace, we can preserve and protect our natural world for future generations. This workshop will include interactive instruction, Leave No Trace PEAK Activities, as well as our Teen Program and information on how to become a Leave No Trace steward. The Traveling Trainers are committed to teaching Leave No Trace education as they live on the road, sleep 200 nights a year in a tent, and offer this award winning program in communities from coast to coast.
The folks at WVSU Extension Office will also be on hand to demonstrate how to make container gardens and rain gardens at home.
We look forward to sharing an afternoon of environmentally-friendly activities with you at Ritter Park!