- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- IMAGES: Midland Tops H.H.S. 31-26
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- Unitarian Fellowship of Huntington to Hold Their 1st Annual Community Days!
- UPDATED: Dueling Drug Gangsters Hack Their Fates Through Thrilling "Tombstone"
- United Way Fall Campaign to kick off Sept. 22 on Marshall University’s Huntington campus
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- Huntington mayor, Supreme Court justices entered in quoits tournament
- Shaheen, LeMay will read from their work Oct. 6 at Marshall University
Leave No Trace Comes to Park in July
The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers are coming to Ritter Park! Join the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District as it hosts the Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers for a free and hands-on environmental workshop designed to introduce kids to the outdoors and pique their interest in outdoor recreation and stewardship. By practicing Leave No Trace, we can preserve and protect our natural world for future generations. This workshop will include interactive instruction, Leave No Trace PEAK Activities, as well as our Teen Program and information on how to become a Leave No Trace steward. The Traveling Trainers are committed to teaching Leave No Trace education as they live on the road, sleep 200 nights a year in a tent, and offer this award winning program in communities from coast to coast.
The folks at WVSU Extension Office will also be on hand to demonstrate how to make container gardens and rain gardens at home.
We look forward to sharing an afternoon of environmentally-friendly activities with you at Ritter Park!