- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Fans Turn Out for Free Comic Book Day IMAGE GALLERY
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Apr. 30, 2015
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Old Times are not forgotten in the South
- Will Ferrell to Play for Reds Tomorrow
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
Leave No Trace Comes to Park in July
The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers are coming to Ritter Park! Join the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District as it hosts the Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers for a free and hands-on environmental workshop designed to introduce kids to the outdoors and pique their interest in outdoor recreation and stewardship. By practicing Leave No Trace, we can preserve and protect our natural world for future generations. This workshop will include interactive instruction, Leave No Trace PEAK Activities, as well as our Teen Program and information on how to become a Leave No Trace steward. The Traveling Trainers are committed to teaching Leave No Trace education as they live on the road, sleep 200 nights a year in a tent, and offer this award winning program in communities from coast to coast.
The folks at WVSU Extension Office will also be on hand to demonstrate how to make container gardens and rain gardens at home.
We look forward to sharing an afternoon of environmentally-friendly activities with you at Ritter Park!