- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
- Virginia Commonwealth University to explore yoga’s effect on pregnancy depression
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Detroit heroin dealer pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- Carol Polan Likely Replacement Candidate for Husband
- Tamarack to host Appalachian Music & Arts Festival
- Tri State Live and On Stage
- WV Boys High School Larosse All State Announced
- Attorney General Morrisey's Office Announces June Mobile Office Hours In Cabell, Kanawha, Putnam and Wayne counties
Leave No Trace Comes to Park in July
The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers are coming to Ritter Park! Join the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District as it hosts the Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers for a free and hands-on environmental workshop designed to introduce kids to the outdoors and pique their interest in outdoor recreation and stewardship. By practicing Leave No Trace, we can preserve and protect our natural world for future generations. This workshop will include interactive instruction, Leave No Trace PEAK Activities, as well as our Teen Program and information on how to become a Leave No Trace steward. The Traveling Trainers are committed to teaching Leave No Trace education as they live on the road, sleep 200 nights a year in a tent, and offer this award winning program in communities from coast to coast.
The folks at WVSU Extension Office will also be on hand to demonstrate how to make container gardens and rain gardens at home.
We look forward to sharing an afternoon of environmentally-friendly activities with you at Ritter Park!