- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- Caserta Asserts Council TV Video of Special Meeting Purposefully not Transmitted
- FLASHBACK: Images of Ironton's 2011 Memorial Day Parade
- Huntington Council Narrowly Approves Fiscal Year Day to Day Budget Estimate
- COLUMN: Got a Law Degree? Media at Council Tonight Seeking Input on Conflicting Pay Out Discretion Legal Opinions
- DEVELOPING... Caserta Asks for Records During Meeting
- April Rotary Park Hike Scheduled
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: My Son’s Kahoonas Paid Off (In Unexpected Ways)
- HPD Requests March 18 Holderby Road Surveillance Footage
Leave No Trace Comes to Park in July
The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers are coming to Ritter Park! Join the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District as it hosts the Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers for a free and hands-on environmental workshop designed to introduce kids to the outdoors and pique their interest in outdoor recreation and stewardship. By practicing Leave No Trace, we can preserve and protect our natural world for future generations. This workshop will include interactive instruction, Leave No Trace PEAK Activities, as well as our Teen Program and information on how to become a Leave No Trace steward. The Traveling Trainers are committed to teaching Leave No Trace education as they live on the road, sleep 200 nights a year in a tent, and offer this award winning program in communities from coast to coast.
The folks at WVSU Extension Office will also be on hand to demonstrate how to make container gardens and rain gardens at home.
We look forward to sharing an afternoon of environmentally-friendly activities with you at Ritter Park!