- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Three more defendants plead guilty for roles in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
- Cincinnati Overdoses Exceed 60; not all Revived
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Former Marriott employee pleads guilty to wire fraud for embezzling close to $1 million
- Huntington's professional cosplay model Bunny Bombshell at WV PopCon this weekend
- Ex-Satanist John Ramirez Now Trains Christians at Supernatural Boot Camps
- W.Va. AG Reaffirms Advice to Local Schools Against Obama’s Transgender Overreach
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
Conference USA Releases 2014 Preliminary Football Television Schedule
CBS Sports Network (CBSSN) will air Marshall’s Sept. 13 noon matchup with Ohio on the Herd’s Hall of Fame Weekend.
The Herd will have five dates that will air on a FOX Sports network. The first game will be Oct. 4 at Old Dominion (time TBA), followed by Marshall’s Homecoming date with Middle Tennessee on Oct. 11 (time TBA). The Herd will host Florida Atlantic on Oct. 25 at 7 p.m. on FOX College Sports.
Marshall will host defending C-USA champion Rice on a FOX Sports network on Nov. 15 (time TBA) and Western Kentucky on Nov. 28 on FOX Sports 1 at noon.
The exact network (either FOX Sports Net or FOX Sports 1) and time for Marshall’s games with Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee and Rice will be known 12 days prior to the date of the game.
Additionally, Marshall’s home opener with Rhode Island on the new Joan C. Edwards Stadium turf, will kick at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 6.
“We are very pleased to have a significant number of our football games on television and distributed to C-USA fans throughout the country,” said Conference USA Commissioner Britton Banowsky. “We are looking forward to an exciting conference season that our fans will be able to watch play out throughout the fall.”
The 2014 C-USA Championship game on Saturday, Dec. 6 is scheduled to air on either ESPN or ESPN 2. It marks the 10th straight year that the C-USA Championship will air on the ESPN Family of Networks.
Additional Conference USA football television exposures remain a possibility (including games that are guaranteed to be televised as part of other conference’s television packages), and games will be released as soon as they are finalized.
Start times for the Aug. 30 game at Miami (Ohio), the Sept. 20 game at Akron, the Oct. 18 game at FIU, the Nov. 8 game at Southern Miss and the Nov. 22 game at UAB have also not been finalized.
2014 Marshall Football Schedule
Aug. 30 at Miami (Ohio) TBA
Sept. 6 RHODE ISLAND 6:30 p.m.
Sept. 13 OHIO (Hall of Fame Weekend)(CBSSN) Noon
Sept. 20 at Akron TBA
Sept. 27 Bye
Oct. 4 at Old Dominion* (FSN or FS1) TBA$
Oct. 11 MIDDLE TENNESSEE* (Homecoming)(FSN or FS1) TBA$
Oct. 18 at FIU* TBA
Oct. 25 FLORIDA ATLANTIC* (FOX College Sports) 7 p.m.
Nov. 1 Bye
Nov. 8 at Southern Miss* TBA
Nov. 15 RICE* (FSN or FS1) TBA$
Nov. 22 at UAB* TBA
Nov. 28 WESTERN KENTUCKY* (FOX Sports 1) Noon
$ 12-Day Window
All Times Eastern