- Forensic Science Graduate Program ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- World in Danger: The Fukushima California Connection
- Marshall University School of Medicine announces new chair of neurology
- Huntington Police Make Robbery Arrest, Respond to Burglary Reports
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- W.Va. AG Files Lawsuit Against Putnam County Roofing Company
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Open Call for Netflix "Mind Hunter" Extras
- W.Va. AG, Board of Pharmacy Launch Morphine Calculator to Reduce Opioid Abuse
- OP ED: FOIA Exemptions Prevent Some Energy Workers from Proving Claim
WVAH-TV/FOX 11 to Air D’Antoni Special on Sunday
"Welcome Home, Dan D’Antoni – Presented by Cabell Huntington Hospital" will air Sunday at 5 p.m.
The show will be hosted by WCHS-TV/WVAH-TV Sports Director Mark Martin.
Recently, Martin did a sitdown interview with the former Marshall basketball great on the Cam Henderson Center floor.
D’Antoni will discuss his first month on the job and growing up in Mullens, W.Va. In addition, he will reflect on his days in a Thundering Herd basketball uniform. He also will share stories about his lengthy coaching career, plus talk about his first MU coaching staff and players.
D’Antoni starred for the Herd from 1966-70 and then launched his coaching career in Huntington with Marshall. He later enjoyed a successful high school career in Myrtle Beach, S.C., before spending the past nine seasons in the National Basketball Association as an assistant with the Phoenix Suns, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers.
D’Antoni, a member of the Marshall Athletics Hall of Fame, was introduced as the new coach of the Thundering Herd on April 25.