- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- WTAP-TV Asked to Leave DuPont C8 Public Meeting
- Nuclear Engineer Asks How Could Five Barriers Fail at Fukushima
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- Second What's Next Huntington Draws Crowd to HHS
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
WVAH-TV/FOX 11 to Air D’Antoni Special on Sunday
"Welcome Home, Dan D’Antoni – Presented by Cabell Huntington Hospital" will air Sunday at 5 p.m.
The show will be hosted by WCHS-TV/WVAH-TV Sports Director Mark Martin.
Recently, Martin did a sitdown interview with the former Marshall basketball great on the Cam Henderson Center floor.
D’Antoni will discuss his first month on the job and growing up in Mullens, W.Va. In addition, he will reflect on his days in a Thundering Herd basketball uniform. He also will share stories about his lengthy coaching career, plus talk about his first MU coaching staff and players.
D’Antoni starred for the Herd from 1966-70 and then launched his coaching career in Huntington with Marshall. He later enjoyed a successful high school career in Myrtle Beach, S.C., before spending the past nine seasons in the National Basketball Association as an assistant with the Phoenix Suns, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers.
D’Antoni, a member of the Marshall Athletics Hall of Fame, was introduced as the new coach of the Thundering Herd on April 25.