- Protecting the integrity of Social Security
- More than $200,000 in Heroin, Cocaine Seized as Part of Ongoing Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- This Week in the West Virginia Senate
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- Attorney General Morrisey, 21 States Win Gun Rights Victory
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Lecture on Dr. Carter G. Woodson to kick off ‘Huntington Lecture Series’
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Donors urged to help the American Red Cross maintain blood supply
WVAH-TV/FOX 11 to Air D’Antoni Special on Sunday
"Welcome Home, Dan D’Antoni – Presented by Cabell Huntington Hospital" will air Sunday at 5 p.m.
The show will be hosted by WCHS-TV/WVAH-TV Sports Director Mark Martin.
Recently, Martin did a sitdown interview with the former Marshall basketball great on the Cam Henderson Center floor.
D’Antoni will discuss his first month on the job and growing up in Mullens, W.Va. In addition, he will reflect on his days in a Thundering Herd basketball uniform. He also will share stories about his lengthy coaching career, plus talk about his first MU coaching staff and players.
D’Antoni starred for the Herd from 1966-70 and then launched his coaching career in Huntington with Marshall. He later enjoyed a successful high school career in Myrtle Beach, S.C., before spending the past nine seasons in the National Basketball Association as an assistant with the Phoenix Suns, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers.
D’Antoni, a member of the Marshall Athletics Hall of Fame, was introduced as the new coach of the Thundering Herd on April 25.