- UPDATED... HPD Nets Four Controlled Substance Arrests September 23-24; Burglaries Reported
- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Police Execute Arrest Warrants, Arrest Suspect in Shooting Near Hospital
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- President Gilbert invested at Marshall
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- New purple paint posting option on private land now available in West Virginia
WVAH-TV/FOX 11 to Air D’Antoni Special on Sunday
"Welcome Home, Dan D’Antoni – Presented by Cabell Huntington Hospital" will air Sunday at 5 p.m.
The show will be hosted by WCHS-TV/WVAH-TV Sports Director Mark Martin.
Recently, Martin did a sitdown interview with the former Marshall basketball great on the Cam Henderson Center floor.
D’Antoni will discuss his first month on the job and growing up in Mullens, W.Va. In addition, he will reflect on his days in a Thundering Herd basketball uniform. He also will share stories about his lengthy coaching career, plus talk about his first MU coaching staff and players.
D’Antoni starred for the Herd from 1966-70 and then launched his coaching career in Huntington with Marshall. He later enjoyed a successful high school career in Myrtle Beach, S.C., before spending the past nine seasons in the National Basketball Association as an assistant with the Phoenix Suns, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers.
D’Antoni, a member of the Marshall Athletics Hall of Fame, was introduced as the new coach of the Thundering Herd on April 25.