- Free Classic Regatta Returns to Huntington
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Authorities Request Information on Disappearance of Ohio Woman
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- UPDATED ... Ghost Hunters , Costumed Heroes Visiting Region IMAGES
- A Decade Of Dio: 1983-1993 - CD Version of Boxed Set on Sale
- Huntington, Cabell County Request State of Emergency; Four Pole Creek Overflows near Ritter Park IMAGES
ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease awareness event set for Friday at Ritter Park
The awareness event also is a fundraiser for the 1439 Scholarship, which benefits a nontraditional medical school student and was created in Milam's honor through the efforts of Dr. Steve Lochow, president of the Class of 2002 and his friend.
Milam, who had a 20-year career in professional ballet before he attended medical school, has been a lifelong advocate of fitness and healthy living. He successfully completed the world renowned Hawaiian Ironman competition in 2006 in 14 hours, 39 minutes which set the name for the 1439 Scholarship.
Donations and registration will be accepted at 6 p.m. at the park and the walk begins at 7 p.m. Questions about the walk may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Gifts may be made to the 1439 Scholarship by contacting Linda Holmes, director of development and alumni affairs, at 304-691-1711.