- Fire Prevention Parade IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Passing Keith Albee IMAGES
- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- Presidential finalists named; on-campus interviews to be held Oct. 13-16
- Huntington Council Considers New Fire Equipment
- Huntington City Council Agenda Tuesday October 13
- Severance tax collections continue to decline
- OP ED: How To Prevent A School Shooter
- Swim Stroke Refinement Camp being offered at the Marshall rec center
- OP ED: Time to Start Campaign to Build Sound Boys and Men
ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease awareness event set for Friday at Ritter Park
The awareness event also is a fundraiser for the 1439 Scholarship, which benefits a nontraditional medical school student and was created in Milam's honor through the efforts of Dr. Steve Lochow, president of the Class of 2002 and his friend.
Milam, who had a 20-year career in professional ballet before he attended medical school, has been a lifelong advocate of fitness and healthy living. He successfully completed the world renowned Hawaiian Ironman competition in 2006 in 14 hours, 39 minutes which set the name for the 1439 Scholarship.
Donations and registration will be accepted at 6 p.m. at the park and the walk begins at 7 p.m. Questions about the walk may be directed to email@example.com .
Gifts may be made to the 1439 Scholarship by contacting Linda Holmes, director of development and alumni affairs, at 304-691-1711.