- Huntington Shooting Under Investigation
- COMMENTARY: Doctor Needs Patient Support for Trying to Help
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Man Arrested by Huntington Police for Possession
- Herd4Christ to organize clothing giveaway
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease awareness event set for Friday at Ritter Park
The awareness event also is a fundraiser for the 1439 Scholarship, which benefits a nontraditional medical school student and was created in Milam's honor through the efforts of Dr. Steve Lochow, president of the Class of 2002 and his friend.
Milam, who had a 20-year career in professional ballet before he attended medical school, has been a lifelong advocate of fitness and healthy living. He successfully completed the world renowned Hawaiian Ironman competition in 2006 in 14 hours, 39 minutes which set the name for the 1439 Scholarship.
Donations and registration will be accepted at 6 p.m. at the park and the walk begins at 7 p.m. Questions about the walk may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Gifts may be made to the 1439 Scholarship by contacting Linda Holmes, director of development and alumni affairs, at 304-691-1711.