- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease awareness event set for Friday at Ritter Park
The awareness event also is a fundraiser for the 1439 Scholarship, which benefits a nontraditional medical school student and was created in Milam's honor through the efforts of Dr. Steve Lochow, president of the Class of 2002 and his friend.
Milam, who had a 20-year career in professional ballet before he attended medical school, has been a lifelong advocate of fitness and healthy living. He successfully completed the world renowned Hawaiian Ironman competition in 2006 in 14 hours, 39 minutes which set the name for the 1439 Scholarship.
Donations and registration will be accepted at 6 p.m. at the park and the walk begins at 7 p.m. Questions about the walk may be directed to email@example.com .
Gifts may be made to the 1439 Scholarship by contacting Linda Holmes, director of development and alumni affairs, at 304-691-1711.