- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- Three Arrestees Now Face Wanton Endangerment Charges for Whiskey Rocks Shooting Spree
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Shaheen, LeMay will read from their work Oct. 6 at Marshall University
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- FEMA Region III Promotes Action for America’s PrepareAthon
- IMAGES: Midland Tops H.H.S. 31-26
- OP-ED: Nonviolent Men: The New Silent Majority
- Fiberglass Bison Unveiled at Pullman Square
Central City Dollar General Brings More than $1 Million Dolllar Investment
Brianne Shell, director of planning , told council that the development unanimously passed the planning committee. Seven parcels have been acquired, including former residential space, which is why the parcels were voted rezoned to C-1 from R-4. Dollar General will replace the former Lilly's Bar, too.
Councilman Gary Bunn told council that the use fits within the comprehensive plan and that "we should have rezoned the whole block."
Tom McCallister told council "that I support any business that want to move [or expand] into District 2."
About six to ten employees will work there.