- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- ELIMINATOR MEDIA DAY NOTEBOOK: Keselowski: It’s racing, not a popularity contest
Central City Dollar General Brings More than $1 Million Dolllar Investment
Brianne Shell, director of planning , told council that the development unanimously passed the planning committee. Seven parcels have been acquired, including former residential space, which is why the parcels were voted rezoned to C-1 from R-4. Dollar General will replace the former Lilly's Bar, too.
Councilman Gary Bunn told council that the use fits within the comprehensive plan and that "we should have rezoned the whole block."
Tom McCallister told council "that I support any business that want to move [or expand] into District 2."
About six to ten employees will work there.