- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Neither 'Mall Cop' nor 'Unfriended' Will Slow 'Furious 7' Vroom....
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Spaghetti Dinner Will Raise Funds for Firefighter
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Stirring up Stink in Central City IMAGES
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
Central City Dollar General Brings More than $1 Million Dolllar Investment
Brianne Shell, director of planning , told council that the development unanimously passed the planning committee. Seven parcels have been acquired, including former residential space, which is why the parcels were voted rezoned to C-1 from R-4. Dollar General will replace the former Lilly's Bar, too.
Councilman Gary Bunn told council that the use fits within the comprehensive plan and that "we should have rezoned the whole block."
Tom McCallister told council "that I support any business that want to move [or expand] into District 2."
About six to ten employees will work there.