- Former Employees Testified Radiation Hazards Near former Huntington Nuclear Weapons Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 21, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Gets Ready to Regatta
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- Marshall medical students provide treatment to more than a thousand Hondurans during international mission
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 18, 2014
- Huntington’s Council Charter Committee Adds Recommendation to Lengthen Executive Search Time from 60 to 120 Days
Central City Dollar General Brings More than $1 Million Dolllar Investment
Brianne Shell, director of planning , told council that the development unanimously passed the planning committee. Seven parcels have been acquired, including former residential space, which is why the parcels were voted rezoned to C-1 from R-4. Dollar General will replace the former Lilly's Bar, too.
Councilman Gary Bunn told council that the use fits within the comprehensive plan and that "we should have rezoned the whole block."
Tom McCallister told council "that I support any business that want to move [or expand] into District 2."
About six to ten employees will work there.