- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Update regarding arrangements for President Stephen J. Kopp
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
Central City Dollar General Brings More than $1 Million Dolllar Investment
Brianne Shell, director of planning , told council that the development unanimously passed the planning committee. Seven parcels have been acquired, including former residential space, which is why the parcels were voted rezoned to C-1 from R-4. Dollar General will replace the former Lilly's Bar, too.
Councilman Gary Bunn told council that the use fits within the comprehensive plan and that "we should have rezoned the whole block."
Tom McCallister told council "that I support any business that want to move [or expand] into District 2."
About six to ten employees will work there.