- Suit Planned over Hanford Chemical Vapor, Radiation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Hotel May Come to Central City
- Huntington to Enter Frontier's America's Best City
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Roller Girls Double Header Headed for Big Sandy
- Bates Stepping Down as Council Chairman; Elected President HMDA
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey Urges Holiday Shoppers to Be Cautious When Using Mobile Checkouts
Central City Dollar General Brings More than $1 Million Dolllar Investment
Brianne Shell, director of planning , told council that the development unanimously passed the planning committee. Seven parcels have been acquired, including former residential space, which is why the parcels were voted rezoned to C-1 from R-4. Dollar General will replace the former Lilly's Bar, too.
Councilman Gary Bunn told council that the use fits within the comprehensive plan and that "we should have rezoned the whole block."
Tom McCallister told council "that I support any business that want to move [or expand] into District 2."
About six to ten employees will work there.