- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 31, 2015
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 30, 2015
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- UPDATING ... 'Furious 7' Gonna Roll
- People should always be skeptical when evaluating weight-loss products
- OP-ED:The Destruction of 'Forced Pooling'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
Central City Dollar General Brings More than $1 Million Dolllar Investment
Brianne Shell, director of planning , told council that the development unanimously passed the planning committee. Seven parcels have been acquired, including former residential space, which is why the parcels were voted rezoned to C-1 from R-4. Dollar General will replace the former Lilly's Bar, too.
Councilman Gary Bunn told council that the use fits within the comprehensive plan and that "we should have rezoned the whole block."
Tom McCallister told council "that I support any business that want to move [or expand] into District 2."
About six to ten employees will work there.