- UPDATED...State Auditor Citied Lack of Adequate Policies, Controls for Some Huntington Financial Materials, 2013 and 2014
- UPDATED: State Audit 2015 Statement; Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governing Sick Leave Payments
- Portion of Downtown Floodwall Shifting Possibly Due to Sink Hole Near Pump Station
- Unanimous Special Permit Approved for Gas at $4.5 Million Downtown Sheetz
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cuba: Challenges and Chances for the Caribbean
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
Box Office Estimates
Rentrak's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, "Disney spun an international box office fairytale as "Maleficent" tops the international chart this weekend with just over $100 million in 47 territories and $170.6 million globally. Fox's "X-Men: Days of Future Past" had a stellar second weekend earning $95.6 million in 74 territories and in the process crosses the $500 million mark globally as it continues its amazing superhero-like run. Notably taking advantage of a long weekend in many countries, Warner Bros.' "Edge of Tomorrow" opened one additional week ahead of the World Cup in 28 markets, grossing a solid $20 million."
The top-12 domestic weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, June 1, 2014, are below.
1. Maleficent - Disney - $70.0M 2. X-Men: Days Of Future Past - 20th Century Fox - $32.6M 3. Million Ways To Die In The West, A - Universal - $17.1M 4. Godzilla - Warner Bros. - $12.2M 5. Blended - Warner Bros. - $8.4M 6. Neighbors - Universal - $7.7M 7. Amazing Spider-Man 2, The - Sony - $3.8M 8. Million Dollar Arm - Disney - $3.7M 9. Chef - Open Road - $2.0M 10. Other Woman, The - 20th Century Fox - $1.4M 11. Belle - Fox Searchlight - $1.3M 12. Rio 2 - 20th Century Fox - $1.0M
Full details regarding the global domestic and international box office results are listed in the table below.
|Weekend BO Estimate (USD)||Weekend Release Cume (USD)||Distributor|
|Title||Worldwide||Int'l||Domestic||Worldwide||Int'l||Domestic||Int'l||No. of Terr||Domestic|
|X-Men: Days Of Future Past||128,200,000||95,600,000||32,600,000||500,169,103||338,100,000||162,069,103||FOX||75||FOX|
|Million Ways To Die In The West, A||27,368,990||10,300,000||17,068,990||27,368,990||10,300,000||17,068,990||UNI||22||UNI|
|Edge Of Tomorrow||20,000,000||20,000,000||-||20,000,000||20,000,000||-||WB||28||WB|
|Amazing Spider-Man 2, The||7,875,000||4,100,000||3,775,000||690,032,297||497,300,000||192,732,297||SNY||82||SNY|
|Hard Day, A||4,800,000||4,800,000||-||4,955,000||4,955,000||-||SHO||1||-|
|Qu'est ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu?!||4,700,000||4,700,000||-||77,500,000||77,500,000||-||UGC||1||-|
|Million Dollar Arm||3,700,000||-||3,700,000||28,597,000||500,000||28,097,000||DIS||1||DIS|
|Other Woman, The||3,425,000||2,000,000||1,425,000||173,112,148||92,000,000||81,112,148||FOX||34||FOX|
|Happy Little Submarines 4 : Adventure of||3,300,000||3,300,000||-||3,300,000||3,300,000||-||MUL||1||-|
*Territory is a movie studio term for regions of the world consisting of various countries.
© 2014 Rentrak Corporation - Content in this chart is produced and/or compiled by Rentrak Corporation and its Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials data collection and analytical services, and is covered by provisions of the Copyright Act. The material presented herein is intended to be available for public use. You may reproduce the content of the chart in any format or medium without first obtaining permission, subject to the following requirements: (1) the material must be reproduced accurately and not in a misleading manner; (2) any publication or issuance of any part of the material to others must acknowledge Rentrak Corporation as the source of the material; and (3) you may not receive any monetary consideration for reproducing, displaying, disclosing or otherwise using any part of the material.
About Box Office Essentials ®
Rentrak's Box Office Essentials is the movie industry's census-based currency, collecting, processing and reporting on how many people go to the movies and how much they spend in virtually every theater in North America. Every major studio, mini-major and prominent independent film distributor in the industry uses Rentrak's real-time and geographic-specific box office information that provides users with instant analysis of nearly the entire domestic box office landscape. Learn more .
About International Box Office Essentials ®
Rentrak's International Box Office Essentials collects and delivers box office results and attendance information from virtually every theater in developed and emerging markets around the world, reporting crucial box office grosses—including weekend results and estimates—in near real-time. As the industry's census-based standard in worldwide box office reporting, only Rentrak shows studios the precise performance of their movie in the U.S. and worldwide with an all-inclusive view of the global theatrical market. Learn more .
About Rentrak Corporation Rentrak RENT -0.19% is the entertainment and marketing industries' premier provider of worldwide consumer viewership information, precisely measuring actual viewing behavior of movies and TV everywhere. Using our proprietary intelligence and technology, combined with advanced demographics, only Rentrak is the census currency for VOD and Movies. Rentrak provides the stable and robust audience measurement services that movie, television and advertising professionals across the globe have come to rely on to better deliver their business goals and more precisely target advertising across numerous platforms including box office, multiscreen television and home video. For more information on Rentrak, please visit www.rentrak.com .