- HPD Nets Four Controlled Substance Arrests September 23-24
- Police Execute Arrest Warrants, Arrest Suspect in Shooting Near Hospital
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- UPDATE: Pike County Multiple Murder Investigation; Redacted Autopsy Reports Released
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Council Discusses Recycling Matter That County Failed to Put on Ballot
Lopez Family Foundation Donates $250,000 to Promote Healthy Lifestyles for Mothers, Kids, Teens and Families in the Bronx
"We are proud to partner with Jennifer, Lynda and the entire Lopez Family Foundation to make a positive impact on the lives and futures of families in the Bronx," said Steven M. Safyer, M.D., president and CEO, Montefiore. "Montefiore's work with the Lopez Family Foundation will begin by improving vital education, understanding and access to healthy eating and exercise. It is only through partnerships like this that we can ensure every child has a healthy and nurturing childhood to achieve their full potential."
Jennifer, Lynda and many of their friends and family attended the Community Health Fair to participate in activities, including a Zumba class featuring participants in B'N Fit, a program affiliated with the Center for a Healthy Childhood that helps teenagers maintain or lose weight. They also assisted in a healthy cooking demonstration, making smoothies for those at the fair.
"We can do so much to make the Bronx, our hometown, a healthier place. We can exercise together and we can eat well together. The Center for a Healthy Childhood will help make our vision a reality on every block," said Jennifer Lopez. "It feels good to come home and talk to moms and kids about making healthy lifestyle decisions – they can make changes now that will set them on a path for a long, happy life."
The Center builds upon Montefiore's comprehensive community health programs and the long-standing commitment of Jennifer and Lynda to improving the health and well-being of women and children.
"We love having the opportunity to offer resources that mothers, children and families in the Bronx need for better access to healthcare, health information and health education," said Lynda Lopez. "The Lopez Family Foundation is passionate about the health and well-being of mothers and children, and we're excited the Center for a Healthy Childhood will go deep into the community to provide needed support – whether it's to educate about childhood nutrition, physical activity, emotional and intellectual engagement on health, or healthy pregnancies and motherhood."
The Center will serve Montefiore patients and their families, as well as the tens of thousands of children and families in the Bronx and beyond reached through partnerships with the New York City Department of Education, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and other health and social service providers.
For more information about the Center and its affiliated programs, visit chc.montefiore.org.