- Huntington Police, Fire Pension Funds Lose Investment Potential when Paid in an Untimely Manner
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Washington Trooper Surprised by Passenger Wearing Seat Belt; Driver Speeding
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- School of Pharmacy students plan community outreach in Cabell County schools
- DEVELOPING... Sewer Increase Blamed for Special Metals Layoffs
- Minor Injury After Bus Accident
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Eighth Annual Festival of New Music brings new works, guest performers
Lopez Family Foundation Donates $250,000 to Promote Healthy Lifestyles for Mothers, Kids, Teens and Families in the Bronx
"We are proud to partner with Jennifer, Lynda and the entire Lopez Family Foundation to make a positive impact on the lives and futures of families in the Bronx," said Steven M. Safyer, M.D., president and CEO, Montefiore. "Montefiore's work with the Lopez Family Foundation will begin by improving vital education, understanding and access to healthy eating and exercise. It is only through partnerships like this that we can ensure every child has a healthy and nurturing childhood to achieve their full potential."
Jennifer, Lynda and many of their friends and family attended the Community Health Fair to participate in activities, including a Zumba class featuring participants in B'N Fit, a program affiliated with the Center for a Healthy Childhood that helps teenagers maintain or lose weight. They also assisted in a healthy cooking demonstration, making smoothies for those at the fair.
"We can do so much to make the Bronx, our hometown, a healthier place. We can exercise together and we can eat well together. The Center for a Healthy Childhood will help make our vision a reality on every block," said Jennifer Lopez. "It feels good to come home and talk to moms and kids about making healthy lifestyle decisions – they can make changes now that will set them on a path for a long, happy life."
The Center builds upon Montefiore's comprehensive community health programs and the long-standing commitment of Jennifer and Lynda to improving the health and well-being of women and children.
"We love having the opportunity to offer resources that mothers, children and families in the Bronx need for better access to healthcare, health information and health education," said Lynda Lopez. "The Lopez Family Foundation is passionate about the health and well-being of mothers and children, and we're excited the Center for a Healthy Childhood will go deep into the community to provide needed support – whether it's to educate about childhood nutrition, physical activity, emotional and intellectual engagement on health, or healthy pregnancies and motherhood."
The Center will serve Montefiore patients and their families, as well as the tens of thousands of children and families in the Bronx and beyond reached through partnerships with the New York City Department of Education, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and other health and social service providers.
For more information about the Center and its affiliated programs, visit chc.montefiore.org.