- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 2, 2015
- UPDATING..... 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes (Soon)
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Local athlete goes from the small screen to the gridiron
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
Couple who Robbed Gun Dealer Plead Guilty
On September 26, 2011, officers from the Summersville Police Department responded to an alarm at Johnson’s Sporting Goods on Webster Road. Upon arrival they saw signs of forced entry into the business. The owner reported that 14 firearms had been stolen. Several of the firearms were recovered during investigations of other crimes, and in 2013, police traced the stolen firearms to the Englands. Both Matthew and Lyndsey England admitted stealing the firearms when questioned by authorities.
Each defendant faces up to 10 years in federal prison when sentenced. Matthew England entered his guilty plea on May 8, 2014 and is scheduled to be sentenced on August 27, 2014. Lyndsey England entered her plea today and is scheduled to be sentenced on August 27, 2014.
The Summersville Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives conducted the investigation. Assistant United States Attorney, Joshua Hanks is in charge of the prosecution.