- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Huntington Council Hears First Reading on Planned Duplex
- 2016 Rails & Ales Festival to be Held on Saturday, August 13th
- Huntington Council Discusses Two Ordinances
- Marshall listed among Best Online Liberal Arts Colleges for Bachelor’s Degrees
- PSC Legacy Document Shows Dietz Landfill Closure Cost to be Shared by INCO, City
- Attorney General Morrisey to EPA: Halt Federal Spending on Clean Power Plan
- Lecture Series Held at City Hall
- Pullman Plaza Sold; Will Become Hilton Doubletree
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Largely Flat
"Mortgage rates were little changed amid a week of light economic reports," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Of the few releases, real GDP was revised down to -1.0 percent growth in the first quarter of 2014. ADP Research Institute estimated the private sector added 179,000 jobs in May, which followed a slight downward revision of 5,000 jobs in April. Meanwhile, the Institute for Supply Management reported the manufacturing industry saw a slight acceleration in monthly growth for May."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.14 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending June 5, 2014, up from last week when it averaged 4.12 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.91 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.23 percent with an average 0.5 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.21 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.03 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.93 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.96 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.74 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.40 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.41 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.58 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.