- Council Moves Gun Range to Second Reading
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- UPDATED MILD SPOILER ALERT: Having an Awesome Time Watching "Force Awakens" at Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- DEVOTION: Fat Tuesday
- First Alert donates 175 smoke, carbon monoxide alarms to Fire Department
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology rated in nation’s top 50
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Life of Carter Woodson Topic for Huntington Lecture Series IMAGES
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Largely Flat
"Mortgage rates were little changed amid a week of light economic reports," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Of the few releases, real GDP was revised down to -1.0 percent growth in the first quarter of 2014. ADP Research Institute estimated the private sector added 179,000 jobs in May, which followed a slight downward revision of 5,000 jobs in April. Meanwhile, the Institute for Supply Management reported the manufacturing industry saw a slight acceleration in monthly growth for May."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.14 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending June 5, 2014, up from last week when it averaged 4.12 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.91 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.23 percent with an average 0.5 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.21 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.03 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.93 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.96 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.74 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.40 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.41 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.58 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.