- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
Capt. Hank Dial Among Neighborhood Institute Award Winners
Mayor Steve Williams presented awards ranging from mentoring youth or youth sports, to beautification, leadership or promoting safety.
Hank Dial, Sean Johnson, Joyce Clark, Freeda Crockett, Betty Craig, Cindy Chandler, Bob Stover, Leon White, Jim Hoffman, Dan and Paulette Goheen, Faye and Kenney Robertson, Jim and Frances Case, Madison and Angie Morris, Casey Blough, Paul T. Gillette, Ray Browning, William "Bill" Zitter, Courtney Proctor-Cross, Harry Main, Tyson Compton, Gale Goheen, Angie Clay, Michael D. Perkins, Martha Evans, and Carolyn Webb received awards.
For instance, Mayor Williams spoke at the City Council meeting about the accomplishments of Leon White at the A.D. Lewis pool, which opened Monday, June 10.
"This is the city's only pool," the Mayor said, indicating that hour expansion likely will occur if more life guards volunteer.
The A.D. Lewis refurbishing came from a couple of guys with the goal of helping children asking Marathon Oil for assistance with piping and pumps.
Marathon and their vendors "adopted" the pool contributing parts and labor valued at about $100,000.