- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- MU Theatre Announces Season, Ticket Specials
Sustainability offers free pallet gardening workshop this week
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 10:54 Updated 12 weeks ago Special to HNN Provided by Marshall University
Used pallets can be used to grow both food and flowers in a tight space.
"Please come and watch us create our first pallet garden at Marshall and gain a practical understanding of how it's done," said Margie Phillips, manager of the Sustainability Department. "If you need a pallet to get your garden started, let us know when you RSVP and we can provide you one to take home for your garden."
The demonstration is open to students, faculty and staff as well as anyone from the community. RSVPs are required at email@example.com. The first 10 people to register will be given a free vegetable or herb seedling.