- Fans Turn Out for Free Comic Book Day IMAGE GALLERY
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- OP-ED: On 'Real Women': Don't Hate Me -- It's Genetic
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
- Will Ferrell to Play for Reds Tomorrow
Sustainability offers free pallet gardening workshop this week
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 10:54 Updated 46 weeks ago Special to HNN Provided by Marshall University
Used pallets can be used to grow both food and flowers in a tight space.
"Please come and watch us create our first pallet garden at Marshall and gain a practical understanding of how it's done," said Margie Phillips, manager of the Sustainability Department. "If you need a pallet to get your garden started, let us know when you RSVP and we can provide you one to take home for your garden."
The demonstration is open to students, faculty and staff as well as anyone from the community. RSVPs are required at firstname.lastname@example.org. The first 10 people to register will be given a free vegetable or herb seedling.