- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
- Secretary Tennant Urges West Virginians To Shop Small on Saturday, November 29
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
Sustainability offers free pallet gardening workshop this week
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 10:54 Updated 27 weeks ago Special to HNN Provided by Marshall University
Used pallets can be used to grow both food and flowers in a tight space.
"Please come and watch us create our first pallet garden at Marshall and gain a practical understanding of how it's done," said Margie Phillips, manager of the Sustainability Department. "If you need a pallet to get your garden started, let us know when you RSVP and we can provide you one to take home for your garden."
The demonstration is open to students, faculty and staff as well as anyone from the community. RSVPs are required at email@example.com. The first 10 people to register will be given a free vegetable or herb seedling.