- DEVELOPING... Caserta Asks for Records During Meeting
- Caserta Asserts Council TV Video of Special Meeting Purposefully not Transmitted
- FLASHBACK: Images of Ironton's 2011 Memorial Day Parade
- Huntington Heroin Death Toll now 31
- Ethics Petition Filed Against Some City Council Members by Rebecca Thacker
- Huntington Council Narrowly Approves Fiscal Year Day to Day Budget Estimate
- April Rotary Park Hike Scheduled
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: My Son’s Kahoonas Paid Off (In Unexpected Ways)
- LAST IMAGES: A Life on the Sidelines
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
James Kelly Transfers to Marshall
Kelly will have one remaining season of NCAA eligibility with the Thundering Herd and will sit out the 2014-15 season in compliance with NCAA transfer regulations.
A native of Ann Arbor, Mich., Kelly appeared in 27 games and made 11 starts in 2013-14 season as a junior for Atlantic Coast Conference member Miami (Fla.). Kelly averaged 6.0 points, 3.7 rebounds and 17.9 minutes per game, while compiling a field goal percentage of 48.5 for the Hurricanes.
Kelly played two seasons at Owens Community College in Toledo, Ohio, before transferring to Miami last season. While at Owens, Kelly played alongside Marshall redshirt junior guard Justin Edmonds. Kelly averaged 17.9 points and 10.0 rebounds in two junior college seasons. In two years at Owens, Kelly became the first player in program history to record 1,000 points, 600 rebounds, 100 steals and 100 blocks in his career
Out of Pioneer High School, Kelly was recruited by Michigan State, New Mexico, West Virginia and Clemson.