- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING.... "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- World's Most Heart Breaking Parking Lot May Have Future for Skate Boarding
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
Storm Response Update from Appalachian Power:
Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 03:42 Updated 32 weeks ago From Press Release
Information also is posted on Facebook at Facebook.com/AppalachianPower and on Twitter at Twitter.com/AppalachianPowe
On Tuesday, Appalachian Power notified its workers and contractors to be packed and ready to respond Wednesday morning. We have already begun to move resources into the hardest hit areas.
Appalachian Power crews are addressing outages as quickly as possible. About 400 additional line mechanics and 100 assessors will be brought in to assist company restoration efforts in what will be a multi-day effort. Better estimates of restoration times will be provided throughout the day as we gather assessment information.