- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 31, 2015
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 30, 2015
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- UPDATING ... 'Furious 7' Gonna Roll
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- People should always be skeptical when evaluating weight-loss products
- OP-ED:The Destruction of 'Forced Pooling'
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: St Kitts-Nevis election fiasco: Symptom of a bigger problem
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
Storm Response Update from Appalachian Power:
Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 03:42 Updated 41 weeks ago From Press Release
Information also is posted on Facebook at Facebook.com/AppalachianPower and on Twitter at Twitter.com/AppalachianPowe
On Tuesday, Appalachian Power notified its workers and contractors to be packed and ready to respond Wednesday morning. We have already begun to move resources into the hardest hit areas.
Appalachian Power crews are addressing outages as quickly as possible. About 400 additional line mechanics and 100 assessors will be brought in to assist company restoration efforts in what will be a multi-day effort. Better estimates of restoration times will be provided throughout the day as we gather assessment information.