- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 20, 2014
- City Welcomes Intern for Promoting Events
- Early Childhood Education Providers in West Virginia to Receive Online Resource Platform Developed by CCA For Social Good
- Green and White High School Football Record Setter on Screen
- CoreLogic: U.S. Had 49,000 Completed Foreclosures in June; Foreclosure inventory down 35 percent nationally from a year ago
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 19, 2014
- CFPB Takes Action Against Auto Finance Company for Distorting Borrower Credit Reports; First Investors Fined $2.75 Million for Knowingly Providing Inaccurate Information to Credit Reporting Agencies for Years
- Marshall University to host Thundering Herd community kick-off event
- Come and Be 'Frozen' by Elsa at Art Walk; Pullman Concert Series Follows
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
Storm Response Update from Appalachian Power:
Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 03:42 Updated 9 weeks ago From Press Release
Information also is posted on Facebook at Facebook.com/AppalachianPower and on Twitter at Twitter.com/AppalachianPowe
On Tuesday, Appalachian Power notified its workers and contractors to be packed and ready to respond Wednesday morning. We have already begun to move resources into the hardest hit areas.
Appalachian Power crews are addressing outages as quickly as possible. About 400 additional line mechanics and 100 assessors will be brought in to assist company restoration efforts in what will be a multi-day effort. Better estimates of restoration times will be provided throughout the day as we gather assessment information.