- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- A License to Steal, Kill, Cover Up and Do it All Over Again
- Reports Differ on Injuries at Metropolis Nuclear Plant Following Leakage of Uranium Hexafluoride
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- Huntington Man Arrested for Crack Cocaine Delivery
Storm Response Update from Appalachian Power:
Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 03:42 Updated 19 weeks ago From Press Release
Information also is posted on Facebook at Facebook.com/AppalachianPower and on Twitter at Twitter.com/AppalachianPowe
On Tuesday, Appalachian Power notified its workers and contractors to be packed and ready to respond Wednesday morning. We have already begun to move resources into the hardest hit areas.
Appalachian Power crews are addressing outages as quickly as possible. About 400 additional line mechanics and 100 assessors will be brought in to assist company restoration efforts in what will be a multi-day effort. Better estimates of restoration times will be provided throughout the day as we gather assessment information.