- Huntington Christmas Parade
- UPDATED: Retired Firefighter Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- Huntington Prepares for Ho-Ho-Ho
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
Storm Response Update from Appalachian Power:
Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 03:42 Updated 1 year ago From Press Release
Information also is posted on Facebook at Facebook.com/AppalachianPower and on Twitter at Twitter.com/AppalachianPowe
On Tuesday, Appalachian Power notified its workers and contractors to be packed and ready to respond Wednesday morning. We have already begun to move resources into the hardest hit areas.
Appalachian Power crews are addressing outages as quickly as possible. About 400 additional line mechanics and 100 assessors will be brought in to assist company restoration efforts in what will be a multi-day effort. Better estimates of restoration times will be provided throughout the day as we gather assessment information.