- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- UPDATED... HPD Nets Four Controlled Substance Arrests September 23-24; Burglaries Reported
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cleveland OD Deaths Prompt Public Health Warning
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- - Candidates go beyond sound bites on major issues facing older West Virginians & their families
- FIRST LOOK: "Magnificent Seven" Saddles Up Excitement as an Ole West Mercenary Squad
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- New purple paint posting option on private land now available in West Virginia
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Continue to Rise
"Mortgage rates continued to climb for the second week in a row following the increase in 10-year Treasury yields," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Also, the economy added 217,000 jobs in May, following a 282,000 surge in April and a 203,000 increase in March. Meanwhile, the unemployment rate in May held steady at 6.3 percent."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.20 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending June 12, 2014, up from last week when it averaged 4.14 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.98 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.31 percent with an average 0.5 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.23 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.10 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.05 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.93 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.79 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.40 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, unchanged from last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.58 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.