- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- Huntington Police Exeucute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Possession, Reports Taken for Destruction of Property, Burglary, Overdose
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Charlotte School of Law Launches Eviction & Homelessness Prevention Clinic; How Do Similar Laws Impact Huntingtotn?
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Parkersburg man sentenced to over 12 years in Federal prison for possessing child pornography
- Greenbrier Theatre Seeks Donations to Replace Destroyed Costumes
- One of EEOC’s First Lawsuits Alleging Sex Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation Settles
Initial test results show no detection of MCHM at intake or in treated water
Although it was reported that a small amount of water overflowed and no odor was reported at the site, our company is working closely with the Bureau for Public Health and the WVDEP. Since being notified of the overflow, there has been no indication of MCHM in the Elk River at our intake or anywhere in the treatment plant processes. Staff members are constantly monitoring the situation, and we took the following precautionary steps:
· Plant operators increased the amount of Powdered Activated Carbon to provide additional absorptive capacity in the treatment process as a precaution.
· Additional personnel were brought in to constantly monitor the raw water. River water is plumbed directly into the plant laboratory for monitoring, and operators are also heating samples of water to enhance the detection of any possible odors. There have been no odors detected and research performed since the January 9 spill indicates the odor of MCHM is detectable at very low concentrations below the safe level recommended by the CDC.
· Additional staff was brought in to analyze water samples collected from both raw water and treated water. Additional test results should become available overnight.