- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 20, 2014
- City Welcomes Intern for Promoting Events
- Early Childhood Education Providers in West Virginia to Receive Online Resource Platform Developed by CCA For Social Good
- Green and White High School Football Record Setter on Screen
- CoreLogic: U.S. Had 49,000 Completed Foreclosures in June; Foreclosure inventory down 35 percent nationally from a year ago
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 19, 2014
- Marshall University to host Thundering Herd community kick-off event
- CFPB Takes Action Against Auto Finance Company for Distorting Borrower Credit Reports; First Investors Fined $2.75 Million for Knowingly Providing Inaccurate Information to Credit Reporting Agencies for Years
- Come and Be 'Frozen' by Elsa at Art Walk; Pullman Concert Series Follows
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
McGinnis Investment Corp. Cleaning West Huntington Site near Ohio River
Monday, June 16, 2014 - 21:51 Updated 9 weeks ago Edited from a Press Release
McGinnis Investment will work with the DEP’s Office of Environmental Remediation to identify human health and ecological risks associated with current and potential future uses of the site; establish applicable remediation standards and ensure those standards are maintained at the site.
VRAs are part of West Virginia’s Voluntary Remediation and Redevelopment Act, which encourages voluntary cleanups of contaminated sites, as well as redevelopment of abandoned and under-utilized properties, with an objective of counteracting the lack of development on sites with contamination or perceived contamination. By providing financial incentives to invest in brownfields, this approach protects communities and the environment, while still promoting economic development in West Virginia.
Questions regarding the Voluntary Remediation Program or this application should be directed to either WVDEP Project Manager Bin Z. Schmitz (WVDEP—OER, 601 57th Street, SE, Charleston, WV 25304; 304-926-0499, ext. 1286) or Licensed Remediation Specialist Heather A. Metz (TRIAD Engineering, Inc., 10541 Teays Valley Road, Scott Depot, WV 25560; 304-755-0721.