- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 31, 2014
- Former Prison Employee Appears in Federal Court for Sexual Abuse of Inmate
- Thieves Steal Huntington Veteran's Wheel Chair
- Marshall Psychology faculty, students present session at Comic-Con
- BOOK REVIEW: '935 Lies': How Governments, Businesses Lie to Us and the Failure of Journalism to Inform Us
- Perry's Honored; Artisan Cafe to Open
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Commonwealth Business Council is Dead: Will a Bankable Entity Arise?
- Marshall University School of Medicine announces appointment of new department chairman
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Kyle Larson Becomes First NASCAR Drive for Diversity Graduate To Win NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole
McGinnis Investment Corp. Cleaning West Huntington Site near Ohio River
Monday, June 16, 2014 - 21:51 Updated 6 weeks ago Edited from a Press Release
McGinnis Investment will work with the DEP’s Office of Environmental Remediation to identify human health and ecological risks associated with current and potential future uses of the site; establish applicable remediation standards and ensure those standards are maintained at the site.
VRAs are part of West Virginia’s Voluntary Remediation and Redevelopment Act, which encourages voluntary cleanups of contaminated sites, as well as redevelopment of abandoned and under-utilized properties, with an objective of counteracting the lack of development on sites with contamination or perceived contamination. By providing financial incentives to invest in brownfields, this approach protects communities and the environment, while still promoting economic development in West Virginia.
Questions regarding the Voluntary Remediation Program or this application should be directed to either WVDEP Project Manager Bin Z. Schmitz (WVDEP—OER, 601 57th Street, SE, Charleston, WV 25304; 304-926-0499, ext. 1286) or Licensed Remediation Specialist Heather A. Metz (TRIAD Engineering, Inc., 10541 Teays Valley Road, Scott Depot, WV 25560; 304-755-0721.