- IMAGES: Major March Snowfall, Power Outages Lead to State of Huntington Emergency
- DEVELOPING... Garbage Pickup in Progress; Pump Stations Operating, Warming Stations Open, Downed Trees Block Roads
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- UPDATED: 17% still without Power in Cabell, WV
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 4, 2015
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
McGinnis Investment Corp. Cleaning West Huntington Site near Ohio River
Monday, June 16, 2014 - 21:51 Updated 37 weeks ago Edited from a Press Release
McGinnis Investment will work with the DEP’s Office of Environmental Remediation to identify human health and ecological risks associated with current and potential future uses of the site; establish applicable remediation standards and ensure those standards are maintained at the site.
VRAs are part of West Virginia’s Voluntary Remediation and Redevelopment Act, which encourages voluntary cleanups of contaminated sites, as well as redevelopment of abandoned and under-utilized properties, with an objective of counteracting the lack of development on sites with contamination or perceived contamination. By providing financial incentives to invest in brownfields, this approach protects communities and the environment, while still promoting economic development in West Virginia.
Questions regarding the Voluntary Remediation Program or this application should be directed to either WVDEP Project Manager Bin Z. Schmitz (WVDEP—OER, 601 57th Street, SE, Charleston, WV 25304; 304-926-0499, ext. 1286) or Licensed Remediation Specialist Heather A. Metz (TRIAD Engineering, Inc., 10541 Teays Valley Road, Scott Depot, WV 25560; 304-755-0721.