- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Move to Highest Level Since Beginning of May
McGinnis Investment Corp. Cleaning West Huntington Site near Ohio River
Monday, June 16, 2014 - 21:51 Updated 13 weeks ago Edited from a Press Release
McGinnis Investment will work with the DEP’s Office of Environmental Remediation to identify human health and ecological risks associated with current and potential future uses of the site; establish applicable remediation standards and ensure those standards are maintained at the site.
VRAs are part of West Virginia’s Voluntary Remediation and Redevelopment Act, which encourages voluntary cleanups of contaminated sites, as well as redevelopment of abandoned and under-utilized properties, with an objective of counteracting the lack of development on sites with contamination or perceived contamination. By providing financial incentives to invest in brownfields, this approach protects communities and the environment, while still promoting economic development in West Virginia.
Questions regarding the Voluntary Remediation Program or this application should be directed to either WVDEP Project Manager Bin Z. Schmitz (WVDEP—OER, 601 57th Street, SE, Charleston, WV 25304; 304-926-0499, ext. 1286) or Licensed Remediation Specialist Heather A. Metz (TRIAD Engineering, Inc., 10541 Teays Valley Road, Scott Depot, WV 25560; 304-755-0721.