- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- Huntington Man Arrested for Crack Cocaine Delivery
- 2012 Honeywell Accident Sent Radiation to WV
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Glimpses of a Global Life': Longest Serving Secretary-General of the Commonwealth Survived a Helicopter Trip with Idi Amin as Pilot
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Customers in Barboursville – Advisory Revised to Include New Areas
PICNIC WITH POPS
Symphony Saturday Scheduled at Harris Riverfront
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 05:39
The theme for the three-concert series this year is "It's a Family Thing," with the idea that the events will appeal to the whole family. Saturday's concert will feature a selection of pop, rock, country and patriotic tunes and include the voices of local veteran singers Maggie Saunders, Katie Owens and Michael Sidoti.
The other two scheduled concerts are July 19, a Beatlemania-themed concert, and Aug. 16, which will feature Beth McVey and ragtime pianist Ethan Uslan.
Season tickets are $50 or $108 for reserved seating, while single admission tickets are $20 general admission, $40 for reserved seating and free for children 12 and younger. Be sure to ask about group rates.
Tickets are available at the Huntington Symphony Orchestra office, 763 3rd Ave. or online at www.huntingtonsymphony.org. You can order tickets by calling 304-781-8343.