- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 25, 2015
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
PICNIC WITH POPS
Symphony Saturday Scheduled at Harris Riverfront
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 05:39
The theme for the three-concert series this year is "It's a Family Thing," with the idea that the events will appeal to the whole family. Saturday's concert will feature a selection of pop, rock, country and patriotic tunes and include the voices of local veteran singers Maggie Saunders, Katie Owens and Michael Sidoti.
The other two scheduled concerts are July 19, a Beatlemania-themed concert, and Aug. 16, which will feature Beth McVey and ragtime pianist Ethan Uslan.
Season tickets are $50 or $108 for reserved seating, while single admission tickets are $20 general admission, $40 for reserved seating and free for children 12 and younger. Be sure to ask about group rates.
Tickets are available at the Huntington Symphony Orchestra office, 763 3rd Ave. or online at www.huntingtonsymphony.org. You can order tickets by calling 304-781-8343.