- Twelve WV Communities Focus on Abandoned, Blighted Properties
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- West Virginia Coal Association Endorses Evan Jenkins
- Detroit Man Pleads Guilty to Huntington Drug Distribution
- Lease on Harris Riverfront Park Extended
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- House of Delegate Candidate Patrick Lucas Says WV's Greatest Challenge Lack of Good Jobs
- 100 percent of graduating family medicine residents at Marshall University will practice in Appalachian communities
- Casting Call in Eastern WV for Mob Mini Series
- Public Health Progressing with Implementation of SB373: Stakeholders are engaged in Source Water Protection Plan development tools
PICNIC WITH POPS
Symphony Saturday Scheduled at Harris Riverfront
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 05:39
The theme for the three-concert series this year is "It's a Family Thing," with the idea that the events will appeal to the whole family. Saturday's concert will feature a selection of pop, rock, country and patriotic tunes and include the voices of local veteran singers Maggie Saunders, Katie Owens and Michael Sidoti.
The other two scheduled concerts are July 19, a Beatlemania-themed concert, and Aug. 16, which will feature Beth McVey and ragtime pianist Ethan Uslan.
Season tickets are $50 or $108 for reserved seating, while single admission tickets are $20 general admission, $40 for reserved seating and free for children 12 and younger. Be sure to ask about group rates.
Tickets are available at the Huntington Symphony Orchestra office, 763 3rd Ave. or online at www.huntingtonsymphony.org. You can order tickets by calling 304-781-8343.