- Fracking Waste Chemicals Allegedly Found in WV Near Drinking Water Inputs
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Confederate Memorial Day in the South
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- OP-ED: Lee Kuan-Yew’s Caribbean rescue in the Commonwealth
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
- NASCAR: Denny Hamlin holds off Brad Keselowski for Martinsville Sprint Cup win
- Mountwest’s Inland Waterways Academy changes name, not mission
Nominations Sought for Huntington Wall of Fame
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 23:02 Updated 43 weeks ago by Brian Chambers, Director of Communications City of Huntington
To qualify, nominees must be a Huntingtonian. If not born in Huntington, they must have lived in the Huntington area for at least 10 years. They also must have performed a community service from which the entire area has benefited or achieved national recognition in their chosen field and acted as an ambassador for the area.
Nominations can be mailed to the City of Huntington Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 1659, Huntington, WV 25717-1659 or delivered to the Foundation's office on the second floor of Huntington City Hall, 800 5th Ave. The office is inside the Jean Carlo Stephenson Auditorium.
Nominations should include a description of accomplishments and supporting materials. For more information, call Foundation President Maxine Loudermilk at 304-696-5522.