- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- IMAGES: Marshall Arts Center Dedication
- Cpl. Goheen Retires from Huntington Police Department
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- Reporter Threatened with Arrest for Obstruction for Attempting to Intervene in Teen's NRA T-Shirt Case
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in August as Investor Activity Declines
- Huntington mayor, Supreme Court justices entered in quoits tournament
- UPDATED: Dueling Drug Gangsters Hack Their Fates Through Thrilling "Tombstone"
- Huntington Council Announces Agenda
- United Way Fall Campaign to kick off Sept. 22 on Marshall University’s Huntington campus
Huntington Police Make Drug Arrests
Special Emphasis Unit (SEU) members and Huntington Violent Crime Task Force officers assisted West Virginia Parole Services which performed the initial "home check" due to an individual living there on parole.Detectives accompanied them and recovered a distribution amount of heroin, crack cocaine, and OxyContin from inside the residence. Several people were detained at the scene, and then released.
One individual was issued a citation for possession of a small amount of marijuana and released.
Two individuals were arrested: Joshua Howard, 39 of Huntington, was arrested for one active felony and one active misdemeanor warrants; and Donald Cole, 43 of 1400 Charleston Avenue , was arrested for felony charge Possession with Intent to Deliver. West Virginia Parole Services will perform a follow-up investigation and revocation proceedings on Cole.