- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- WV Doesn't State Status of Huntington Pension Benefit Payments; Formulas, Rules Complex
- Applications being accepted for two controlled deer hunts in 2015: Pipestem Resort State Park and Cacapon Resort State Park
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Building Formerly Considered for Southside Gun/Pawn Shop Burns
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- DEVELOPING: Huntington Will Receive Brownfields Grant
- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- Huntington store to be sold to new competitor as part of multi-state agreement
Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Part of Hughes Branch Road in Salt Rock
Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 05:18 Updated 1 year ago
Once service is restored, affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing, showering and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.