- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Hits Highest Level Since Nov. 2005
- Former Bank Vice President Made More than $1.4 Million in Bad Loans
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme; Bureau Seeks More than $500 Million In Relief For Borrowers of Corinthian’s Private Student Loans
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
American Queen Sailing to Huntington Thursday
Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 19:26 Updated 11 weeks ago by Brian Chambers, Director of Communications City of Huntington
Passengers will be welcomed at the riverfront with live music, refreshments and local artists and artisans selling everything from jewelry to pottery to photos and paintings.
If you are a local artist or artisan who would like to sell your products at the riverfront this Thursday, June 26, or Monday, June 30, call Cara Hedrick at the Cabell-Huntington Convention and Visitors Bureau at 304-525-7333 by 5 p.m. Tuesday, June 24.
Volunteers with Downtown Huntington Partners also will deliver bags full of promotional items to Maysville, Ky., where the American Queen will be docked on Wednesday, June 25, one day prior to its visit in Huntington. If you own a local business and would like to include promotional items in the bags, bring your materials to the Antique Mall on 4th Avenue (across from the Keith-Albee) by 5:30 p.m. Monday, June 23.
And if you're offering any special deals to riverboat passengers during their visits, call the Convention and Visitors Bureau and let them know.