- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- OPINION: Adjust Sewer Rate Increase; Fund Police, Fire like Sewers
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- REVIEW: "Darker" More Gray as it Delves into Origins of the "Red Room"
- DYSFUNCTION DISORDER: Snapshots Taken as Gospel
- Final Approval for Radical Radiation Rise in Water Supplies after Nuclear Release
- COLUMN: Turning a Long Triage Wait into a Concert Ticket Camp In ... Well Sorta
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- W.Va. AG Applauds Scott Pruitt’s Confirmation As EPA Administrator
- In Connecticut, Calling for Help Carries Risks for Victims of Domestic Violence
Council Will Vote on $7.15 per Month Fee
The proposal comes after Mayor Steve Williams vowed to "be back" with a more suitable proposal following the referral of the Stormwater Start Up ordinance back to the Finance Committee.
The fee allows for consideration of those on fixed incomes, those receiving disability, and those on food stamps with qualifying incomes determined by federal levels.
In addition, the Mayor has asked that the interim appointment of Police Chief Jimmy Johnson be made permanent to comply with the City Charter. Meanwhile , the search committee continues evaluation of applications received to replace Police Chief Skip Holbrook, who left HPD for a similar position in Columbia, S.C.
Purchase of police cars is on the agenda too. No controversy occurred at the work session as the equipment acquisition comes from drug forfeiture monies.
Council meets at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall. Public comment will be taken on the proposed fee which would take effect October 1, 2014. The current municipal services fee will be reduced by 9.4 % as the floodwall portions are in assessed to the Municipal Services Fee. It now becomes the Fire Service fee.
The meeting is streamed via the internet; it is televised live on Comcast Channel 24.