- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- Q and A with Councilman Caserta: Mayor Needs to be Held Accountable, Independent Audit Necessary
- Bid Specifics Revealed in Huntington Street Sweeping Program
- UPDATED...State Auditor Citied Lack of Adequate Policies, Controls for Some Huntington Financial Materials, 2013 and 2014
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- Donations Needed for Guyandotte Christmas Open House Planned Dec. 23
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- WWE returning to Big Sandy Superstore Arena in 2015
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
Council Will Vote on $7.15 per Month Fee
The proposal comes after Mayor Steve Williams vowed to "be back" with a more suitable proposal following the referral of the Stormwater Start Up ordinance back to the Finance Committee.
The fee allows for consideration of those on fixed incomes, those receiving disability, and those on food stamps with qualifying incomes determined by federal levels.
In addition, the Mayor has asked that the interim appointment of Police Chief Jimmy Johnson be made permanent to comply with the City Charter. Meanwhile , the search committee continues evaluation of applications received to replace Police Chief Skip Holbrook, who left HPD for a similar position in Columbia, S.C.
Purchase of police cars is on the agenda too. No controversy occurred at the work session as the equipment acquisition comes from drug forfeiture monies.
Council meets at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall. Public comment will be taken on the proposed fee which would take effect October 1, 2014. The current municipal services fee will be reduced by 9.4 % as the floodwall portions are in assessed to the Municipal Services Fee. It now becomes the Fire Service fee.
The meeting is streamed via the internet; it is televised live on Comcast Channel 24.