- WV AFL-CIO President Perdue: July 1 is now Pay Cut Day
- Detroit Man Arrested in SWAT Raid
- Jabberwowcky Kicks off DAWG's Pullman Thursday Series
- Four Huntington Heroin Arrests
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Mayor Steve Strolls Areas Surrounding Central City IMAGES
- Skynyrd's One More for the Music Fans Due July 24
- 2015 Dawg Dazzle Aims to Electrify Huntington's Riverfront
- Fireworks Prohibited in Huntington
UPDATED: Two Separate Shooting Fatalities in Huntington
Later, a second person died of a gunshot wound at 1005 Jackson Avenue . The unrelated incident began as a domestic violence call, Williams said in a press release. The call was upgraded to a shooting at about 11:10 p.m. Monday night, June 23. Upon arrival, police found a male suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest. Garrett Ray Hatten , 19, the resident of 1005 Jackson Avenue died despite Cabell County EMS efforts to save him, Lt. Williams said.
Preliminary investigation indicates that several people went to the victim's home , where an altercation occurred . One of those involved in a fight on the side lawn shot Hatten. Those involved fled the scene in two vehicles.
"I know that the two cars pulled up here in the neighborhood, and pulled across the street, they went over there fought with him and another girl and then out of the blue done came out and shot him," said neighbor Jack Saunders.
The suspect wanted in connection to the shooting is described as a white male with medium skin tones, 5'7" medium build, and at the time wearing jeans and a light T-shirt. That suspect fled in a maroon colored SUV, driven by another white male, Williams said.
No arrests have been made. Anyone with information is asked to call 304-696-4444.
Neighbors spoke in both hushed whispers and loud despair minutes as they relayed information by cell phones minutes after the shooting.
HNN has been told by one individual that he observed prior to the report several people walking up the 1000 block of Jackson Avenue. They appeared to be arguing. The source then heard one gun shot.
Five to seven acquaintances came to the home, police believe. Jack Saunders, a neighbor told WSAZ, "I know that the two cars pulled up here in the neighborhood, and pulled across the street, they went over there fought with him and another girl and then out of the blue done came out and shot him."