- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- Huntington Man Arrested for Crack Cocaine Delivery
- 2012 Honeywell Accident Sent Radiation to WV
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Glimpses of a Global Life': Longest Serving Secretary-General of the Commonwealth Survived a Helicopter Trip with Idi Amin as Pilot
- Huntington SWAT Team Nails Columbus Man on Drugs, Firearm Charges
Council Unanimously Passes Fee Which Will Alleviate Some Huntington Flooding
Williams took his pen and smiled as the passage ends years of kicking down the can down the road on such issues as citywide flooding , runoff, and decaying infrastructure.
The new Water Quality Board will consist of the same members as that of the Huntington Sanitary Board --- Darryl Black, Alex Vence, and Mayor Williams.
After passage, Williams told HNN:
"It surprised me [and] I was overcome by emotion. This is what I expected. Now we have a chance to go to work... it's not a matter of talking about it [anymore]. We are in a position to do something.
"What's nice is the breath of individuals representing the entire community. There are those who would be against the sunshine if it was being piped in. That's OK, we will do it without them. We are in the position to take meaningful steps.
"What we have tonight will be copied by several cities around the state," adding "there is bigger fish" than DEP and EPA.
"This is a huge step and something totally different than this was attempted to be passed on Christmas Eve 2012. This has been a long time coming. It's fair. It's equitable. It gives us a way to pay for long term capital projects and it will encourage development in the city. We have been able to accomplish what we set out to do."