- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Huntington's Cutbacks Lead to Retiree's Suicide
- UPDATED: Large Selection New Tsubasacon Mascarade, Winners, Skits, Cosplaying IMAGES
- BREAKING: Oscar Mishap... "Moonlight," Wins Best Picture After "La La Land" Crew on Stage
- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Piketon Diffusion Plant Clean Up Comment Period Extended
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
Council Unanimously Passes Fee Which Will Alleviate Some Huntington Flooding
Williams took his pen and smiled as the passage ends years of kicking down the can down the road on such issues as citywide flooding , runoff, and decaying infrastructure.
The new Water Quality Board will consist of the same members as that of the Huntington Sanitary Board --- Darryl Black, Alex Vence, and Mayor Williams.
After passage, Williams told HNN:
"It surprised me [and] I was overcome by emotion. This is what I expected. Now we have a chance to go to work... it's not a matter of talking about it [anymore]. We are in a position to do something.
"What's nice is the breath of individuals representing the entire community. There are those who would be against the sunshine if it was being piped in. That's OK, we will do it without them. We are in the position to take meaningful steps.
"What we have tonight will be copied by several cities around the state," adding "there is bigger fish" than DEP and EPA.
"This is a huge step and something totally different than this was attempted to be passed on Christmas Eve 2012. This has been a long time coming. It's fair. It's equitable. It gives us a way to pay for long term capital projects and it will encourage development in the city. We have been able to accomplish what we set out to do."