- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Choir Cancels North American Tour including Nov. 17th date at the Keith-Albee
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Huntington Council Agenda Set
- Third Chicago woman sentenced for credit card fraud
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
- 2,200 Attended Tsubasacon Which Wrapped Up Sunday IMAGES
“Maleficent" Casts Dark, Girlhood Friendly Spell
Since the “Sleeping Beauty” tale is well known, I won’t inject further spoilers. Your make or break “see” decision surrounds family friendly and “girlhood” perspectives. Much like “Frozen,” the story emancipates the handsome prince true love vision. Too, it thankfully injects conflicting grays into personalities, avoiding traditional all good and all bad depictions, which inspire yet do not exist in realty.
Jolie harkens well as the anguished heroic villain tortured by conflicting emotions.
Without giving away too much, my “classic” bone to throw involves the original material. It left gaps; so do the moor and castle conflicts, which awaken X Men mutant versus human prejudice in me.
After a mix of family friendly (“Earth to Echo”), a touch of the sinister (“Deliver Us from Evil”) and a chic gathering (“Tammy”) for Independence Day, look for the adult oriented “Sex Tape” in mid-July and the sprawling “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” (July 11).
The filthy “Sex Tape” has a married couple facing total devastation --- a video made the previous night is missing. “Bad Teacher” Cameron Diaz reunites with her gym teacher beau (Jason Segel). “The Purge: Anarchy,” “Hercules” and “Lucy” are among flicks filling out July before Marvel unleashes “Guardians of the Galaxy.”