- Huntington City Attorney States 12 Hours Special Meeting Notice Required; Ethics Commission Web Site Statements Advisory, no Force of State Law
- West Virginia Trout Stocking Week of March 9-13, 2015
- Conference USA Moves Marshall-WKU Game to Friday for National TV
- DEVELOPING: HNN Contributing Editor David Kinchen Passes Away
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Old Times are not forgotten in the South
- National Geographic Channel's Late-Night Talk Show Startalk Hosted by Neil Degrasse Tyson to Premiere Monday, April 20, at 11 PM ET/10 PM CT
- Bunny Bombshell Appears as Valkyrie
- Herd Sets Four Summer Basketball Camps
- NASCAR: Denny Hamlin holds off Brad Keselowski for Martinsville Sprint Cup win
- OP-ED:The Destruction of 'Forced Pooling'
“Maleficent" Casts Dark, Girlhood Friendly Spell
Since the “Sleeping Beauty” tale is well known, I won’t inject further spoilers. Your make or break “see” decision surrounds family friendly and “girlhood” perspectives. Much like “Frozen,” the story emancipates the handsome prince true love vision. Too, it thankfully injects conflicting grays into personalities, avoiding traditional all good and all bad depictions, which inspire yet do not exist in realty.
Jolie harkens well as the anguished heroic villain tortured by conflicting emotions.
Without giving away too much, my “classic” bone to throw involves the original material. It left gaps; so do the moor and castle conflicts, which awaken X Men mutant versus human prejudice in me.
After a mix of family friendly (“Earth to Echo”), a touch of the sinister (“Deliver Us from Evil”) and a chic gathering (“Tammy”) for Independence Day, look for the adult oriented “Sex Tape” in mid-July and the sprawling “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” (July 11).
The filthy “Sex Tape” has a married couple facing total devastation --- a video made the previous night is missing. “Bad Teacher” Cameron Diaz reunites with her gym teacher beau (Jason Segel). “The Purge: Anarchy,” “Hercules” and “Lucy” are among flicks filling out July before Marvel unleashes “Guardians of the Galaxy.”