- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- Finance Committee Sets Tuesday Meeting
- Marshall University Forensic Identification Association to host Women’s Expo at Pullman Square
- Award-winning pianist to perform at Marshall University
- OP ED: How To Prevent A School Shooter
- St. Joe Boys Soccer Sneaks by Paul Blazer
- Presidential finalists named; on-campus interviews to be held Oct. 13-16
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- St. Joe Ties Scott in Soccer
Hundreds Watch Marshall/WVU by River on Giant Screen
The "2011 Almost Heaven Big Screen Showdown." was a free event that was sponsored by radio station, The Dawg, WDGG- FM (93.7) and the Marshall University Alumni Association. They did ask for a can of food for the Huntington Area Food Bank.
The crowd of about 300 was mostly made up of Marshall fans. Herd fans responded with many cheers when the Marshall scored first taking a 7-0 lead. The picture on the big screen television was excellent and it showed up well even during the afternoon hours.
A scattering of West Virginia fans cheered when the Mountaineers scored. West Virginia eventually took the lead and kept it. West Virginia won the football game 34-13. The game was stopped as the fourth quarter started because of bad weather and lightening.