- At Least 15 Shot at Cincinnati Nightclub; One Dead
- Suspect At Large Following Huntington Shooting
- Former Social Security Lawyer Indicated Judge Paid $10,000 a Month
- Belle, Beast and Chorus Visit Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Portland Neighbors Sue Precision Castparts for Alleged Toxic Emissions
- Finance Committee to Discuss AFSCME Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Best Friends for Adoption at American Legion IMAGES
- Toxic WV C-8 Waters on National Geographic Channel This Week
- OP ED: West Virginia has Strong Connection to Youth and Voting
Hundreds Watch Marshall/WVU by River on Giant Screen
The "2011 Almost Heaven Big Screen Showdown." was a free event that was sponsored by radio station, The Dawg, WDGG- FM (93.7) and the Marshall University Alumni Association. They did ask for a can of food for the Huntington Area Food Bank.
The crowd of about 300 was mostly made up of Marshall fans. Herd fans responded with many cheers when the Marshall scored first taking a 7-0 lead. The picture on the big screen television was excellent and it showed up well even during the afternoon hours.
A scattering of West Virginia fans cheered when the Mountaineers scored. West Virginia eventually took the lead and kept it. West Virginia won the football game 34-13. The game was stopped as the fourth quarter started because of bad weather and lightening.