- OP ED COLUMN: Billionaire Receives Millions in Tax Credits for his Company
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- It's CamperTime! At Beech Fork State Park August 29, 2015
- AAA Forecasts Year-End Holiday Travel Up 4.5 % in the South Atlantic Region
- Christmas Kente Ceremony for winter graduates is Saturday at Marshall
- Motown Experience to Raise Funds for Keith Albee
- Mardi Gras Masquerade at Twin Falls State Park for New Year’s Eve
- COLUMN: Anguished Life of An Addict's Parent
- Beech Fork State Park responds to camping trends with online reservations in 2015
- Live Theatricals for December
Hundreds Watch Marshall/WVU by River on Giant Screen
The "2011 Almost Heaven Big Screen Showdown." was a free event that was sponsored by radio station, The Dawg, WDGG- FM (93.7) and the Marshall University Alumni Association. They did ask for a can of food for the Huntington Area Food Bank.
The crowd of about 300 was mostly made up of Marshall fans. Herd fans responded with many cheers when the Marshall scored first taking a 7-0 lead. The picture on the big screen television was excellent and it showed up well even during the afternoon hours.
A scattering of West Virginia fans cheered when the Mountaineers scored. West Virginia eventually took the lead and kept it. West Virginia won the football game 34-13. The game was stopped as the fourth quarter started because of bad weather and lightening.