- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Governor Tomblin Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
- AG DeWine Sues Out-of-State Telemarketer for Misleading Ohioans about Computer Virus
- Bernie Packs Huntington's Big Sandy; Hillary and Trump Win Big IMAGES
- More than 1,700 to graduate from Marshall University May 7
- U.S. Attorney's Office announces collection sites for DEA's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Marshall Health expands pediatric office on Route 60
- Huntington YMCA‘s Free Healthy Kids Day® on April 30th Aims to Help Kids Exercise Minds and Bodies
CoreLogic: June MarketPulse Report: 'Generation Renter' Millennials Impacting the First-Time Home Buying Market
In this month's issue, CoreLogic Deputy Chief Economist Sam Khater makes several observations about the millennial generation in an article called "Generation Renter." Also, Senior Economist Katie Dobbyn evaluates recent activity from institutional investors in four popular markets.
This month's edition also features commentary by CoreLogic President and CEO Anand Nallathambi who considers the shifting demographics and the health of homebuyers today. He further reiterates that we are in the middle of a historic reset in the mortgage market driven by weak economic growth, as well as a number of other factors.
Additional key findings in the June MarketPulse report include:
- REO inventory is on the rise, reaching 430,000 properties in March of 2014.
- As of April 2014, year-over-year home price increase still in double-digits at 10.5 percent.
- Overall institutional investor share is falling in many markets, but prices, demand and supply remain attractive in Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami and Phoenix.
MarketPulse article content consists of a selection of recently published research, analytics and commentary from the CoreLogic Insights Blog. To view additional content and sign up to receive updates, please visit http://www.corelogic.com/blog.
For a full copy of the June CoreLogic MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/research/the-market-pulse/marketpulse_2014-june.pdf.
For more information, please visit www.corelogic.com.
CORELOGIC and the CoreLogic logo are registered trademarks owned by CoreLogic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.