- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Q and A with Mayor Steve Williams: Audits ALWAYS have Findings....
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Southern Faces Federal Criminal Charges for Bankruptcy and Wire Fraud in January MCHM Spill
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- Groups Coalesce Against Fracking Activity in Ohio River Valley
- Christmas Kente Ceremony for winter graduates is Saturday at Marshall
- Motown Experience to Raise Funds for Keith Albee
- Marshall's C-USA Championship Footage
- Complaint alleges Stockert-Sizemore Funeral Home violated the West Virginia Preneed Act and state Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
CoreLogic: June MarketPulse Report: 'Generation Renter' Millennials Impacting the First-Time Home Buying Market
In this month's issue, CoreLogic Deputy Chief Economist Sam Khater makes several observations about the millennial generation in an article called "Generation Renter." Also, Senior Economist Katie Dobbyn evaluates recent activity from institutional investors in four popular markets.
This month's edition also features commentary by CoreLogic President and CEO Anand Nallathambi who considers the shifting demographics and the health of homebuyers today. He further reiterates that we are in the middle of a historic reset in the mortgage market driven by weak economic growth, as well as a number of other factors.
Additional key findings in the June MarketPulse report include:
- REO inventory is on the rise, reaching 430,000 properties in March of 2014.
- As of April 2014, year-over-year home price increase still in double-digits at 10.5 percent.
- Overall institutional investor share is falling in many markets, but prices, demand and supply remain attractive in Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami and Phoenix.
MarketPulse article content consists of a selection of recently published research, analytics and commentary from the CoreLogic Insights Blog. To view additional content and sign up to receive updates, please visit http://www.corelogic.com/blog.
For a full copy of the June CoreLogic MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/research/the-market-pulse/marketpulse_2014-june.pdf.
For more information, please visit www.corelogic.com.
CORELOGIC and the CoreLogic logo are registered trademarks owned by CoreLogic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.