- Hunyington Police Arrest Male with Firearm on School Property
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Stories of Homelessness
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
- City of Huntington Reminder About Campaign Signs
- Spin Offs of Harry Potter, Star Wars Will Greet Holiday Moviegoers
Reds Sign Cuban Starting Pitcher
Iglesias, 24, will join the organization once visa issues are resolved.
"He's a tremendous athlete, a converted shortstop. He throws 94-96 with two quality breaking pitches, a curveball and power slider, and has the makings of a quality changeup," Jocketty said. "He has four quality pitches, and our scouts feel he can be a starter and be a starter very soon. What we've tried to develop here is pitching and defense. The more pitching we can acquire, the deeper we can get, the more flexibility it gives us going forward."
Jocketty added, "It was a great organizational effort to get this done, and we're very excited about it. The decision was based on the evaluation of our scouts, the same group of guys who went to see (Aroldis) Chapman. I guarantee you we saw him pitch more than any other club. I have tremendous respect and appreciation for the evaluation of our scouts. They're hard-working and very diligent."
Iglesias pitched for Isla de la Juventud in Cuba's National Series for 3 seasons and compiled an 8-12 record and 3.47 ERA over 5 starts and 83 relief appearances (223ip, 202h, 115bb, 169k, 11hr).