- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Outgoing Councilman Tells People Stop Asking if You Can't Pay; Thacker: "Residents Don't Want to Leave City Due to Fees Either..."
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Sanitary Board Forwards 57% Operational, Maintenance Increase to Council; New Council will Decide on Increases for $75 Million Infrastructure
- Task ForceSiezes Heroin, Crack, Cocaine from Hotel near Huntington
- BREAKING.... Eastham Put on Leave; First Female Fire Chief Sworn In
- DEVELOPING... Council to hear Sanitary, Cable Proposals; Raise Issue Statutatory, not a Request by Mayor
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
OP-ED: A Novel Concept to Pay the United States as Outsourced Military for the Middle East
You may recall the Saudis purchased more than $60 billions in American arms, planes and other war stuff only a few years ago. Of course, you can’t also recall if they ever did much fighting in their own defense either because we usually were the resources to do it for them in a couple of Gulf battles or Desert Storm to which they contributed little if anything even as they tried to restrain the religious services of our GI’s who were risking their lives in defense of the Saudi royals and their friends.
So why have not the Presidents who willingly dispatched our men, women, dollars and materiel also sending out bills? A few years ago, I raised such a question asking WHEN DO WE GET PAYBACK FROM IRAQ? And why have all the chest thumpers in Congress demanding our current President be more “aggressive” also raised the same questions ? No less guilty of silence have been the media, both left, right and questionable!
Just as guilty is the so-called United Nations of Hypocrisy which seems much more engrossed in figuring new resolutions aimed at Israel than asserting some “unity” to impose civility among nations of the Middle East and Africa. Unless we have missed something, there has not been a diplomatic peep or threatening finger pointed at Syrian savagery, Nigerian disgusting assaults on young girls seemingly at will or other realities that would seem to demand at the very least a minimal debate.
But right here in America, the members of the right side of the Congressional aisles in both Houses have only the mentality to attack the White House and indicate a willingness to pay attention to a war monger like Dick Cheney who again is willing to commit our wealth and youth to a new war at American taxpayer expense.
The bottom line is indeed the “bottom line”! If America is again to be the outsourced defenders of the corrupt governments of the Middle East and their international oil industry giants, it is time to demand proper payments for such services.
So who will look like a leader and demand this kind of “political pivot” in American policy?
* * *
Honick is president of GMA International Ltd with offices on Bainbridge Island, WA. He is an international consultant to business and writes on a variety of public affairs issues.