- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- OP-ED: Sports Need Independent Oversight
GOVERNOR TOMBLIN, SECRETARY BURDETTE PRAISE ANNOUNCEMENT BY RANGE RESOURCES
Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 00:36 From Press Release
"This announcement marks another major step forward toward the development of the ASCENT cracker complex," Gov. Tomblin said. "That will mean thousands of construction jobs at ASCENT itself; and potentially thousands more jobs turning ASCENT's polyethylene into products for consumers and businesses worldwide. I salute Range Resources and ASCENT for their commitment to this transformative project."
"The administration has worked hard to convince industry of the importance of committing some of the resources extracted from underneath our state to manufacturing projects like ASCENT," Secretary Burdette said. "The leadership of Range Resources is important to that effort. The announcement means West Virginia natural gas will stay here and create West Virginia jobs. We're well on our way to making our abundance of shale gas the foundation for decades of prosperity in our state."