- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- MU Theatre Announces Season, Ticket Specials
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- Ritter Live, We Are Marshall Flick Open September
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- BOOK REVIEW: 'A Dancer in the Dust': A Marvelous African Love Story
GOVERNOR TOMBLIN, SECRETARY BURDETTE PRAISE ANNOUNCEMENT BY RANGE RESOURCES
Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 00:36 From Press Release
"This announcement marks another major step forward toward the development of the ASCENT cracker complex," Gov. Tomblin said. "That will mean thousands of construction jobs at ASCENT itself; and potentially thousands more jobs turning ASCENT's polyethylene into products for consumers and businesses worldwide. I salute Range Resources and ASCENT for their commitment to this transformative project."
"The administration has worked hard to convince industry of the importance of committing some of the resources extracted from underneath our state to manufacturing projects like ASCENT," Secretary Burdette said. "The leadership of Range Resources is important to that effort. The announcement means West Virginia natural gas will stay here and create West Virginia jobs. We're well on our way to making our abundance of shale gas the foundation for decades of prosperity in our state."