- Huntington City Attorney States 12 Hours Special Meeting Notice Required; Ethics Commission Web Site Statements Advisory, no Force of State Law
- Improper Notice Apparently Given of Meeting that Removed Chairman Caserta
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Here Come the Costumes Before Halloween
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Herd Headed Back to Birmingham for Postseason Play
- Honor Flight Takes Off at Tri State Airport Images
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- OP-ED: Desert Pilgrimage to the Cradle of the Bomb
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
GOVERNOR TOMBLIN, SECRETARY BURDETTE PRAISE ANNOUNCEMENT BY RANGE RESOURCES
Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 00:36 From Press Release
"This announcement marks another major step forward toward the development of the ASCENT cracker complex," Gov. Tomblin said. "That will mean thousands of construction jobs at ASCENT itself; and potentially thousands more jobs turning ASCENT's polyethylene into products for consumers and businesses worldwide. I salute Range Resources and ASCENT for their commitment to this transformative project."
"The administration has worked hard to convince industry of the importance of committing some of the resources extracted from underneath our state to manufacturing projects like ASCENT," Secretary Burdette said. "The leadership of Range Resources is important to that effort. The announcement means West Virginia natural gas will stay here and create West Virginia jobs. We're well on our way to making our abundance of shale gas the foundation for decades of prosperity in our state."