- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- IMAGES: Marshall Arts Center Dedication
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- Cpl. Goheen Retires from Huntington Police Department
- Huntington mayor, Supreme Court justices entered in quoits tournament
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in August as Investor Activity Declines
- UPDATED: Dueling Drug Gangsters Hack Their Fates Through Thrilling "Tombstone"
- Reporter Threatened with Arrest for Obstruction for Attempting to Intervene in Teen's NRA T-Shirt Case
- Huntington Council Announces Agenda
- Unitarian Fellowship of Huntington to Hold Their 1st Annual Community Days!
Mayor Speaks About Drug Infestation
Williams told council that a large quantity of heroin will be delivered and eight hours later all but 10% of the shipment has been distributed.
Building a case on a stash house usually take a year.
"If we speed up the process, we might jeopardize the case because of some loophole," Williams said.
The first step in the battle will be hiring a Police Chief to implement tactics that Skip Holbrook helped start. Currently, Jimmy Johnson has been named police chief, pending results of a search committee. Johnson does not want to be the permanent chief; he will return to the Constituent Service Liaison.
The Mayor suggested that the city will "Capone" the nefarious,eferring to gangster Al Capone who finally went to prison for not paying taxes on his ill gotten gains.