- BOOK REVIEW: 'Please Stop Helping Us': Black Conservative Deconstructs Unintended Consequences of Affirmative Action, Minimum Wage Laws, Public Schools
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- Softball Freshman D’Orazio Playing at World Championships
- Names Released of Five Arrested in West Huntington Drug Bust
- “Operation: River to Jail” continues with second warrant sweep
- Former Detroit Man Receives Nine Years Prison for Heroin Distribution
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Edge Lower
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- The Ohio River Terminals Company LLC Submits Voluntary Remediation Application for Huntington Site
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 15, 2014
Mayor Speaks About Drug Infestation
Williams told council that a large quantity of heroin will be delivered and eight hours later all but 10% of the shipment has been distributed.
Building a case on a stash house usually take a year.
"If we speed up the process, we might jeopardize the case because of some loophole," Williams said.
The first step in the battle will be hiring a Police Chief to implement tactics that Skip Holbrook helped start. Currently, Jimmy Johnson has been named police chief, pending results of a search committee. Johnson does not want to be the permanent chief; he will return to the Constituent Service Liaison.
The Mayor suggested that the city will "Capone" the nefarious,eferring to gangster Al Capone who finally went to prison for not paying taxes on his ill gotten gains.