- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- Huntington Still Infected by Scourge of Drugs
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- Doomsday Clock Edges Closer to Oblivion
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Jan. 20, 2015
Mayor Speaks About Drug Infestation
Williams told council that a large quantity of heroin will be delivered and eight hours later all but 10% of the shipment has been distributed.
Building a case on a stash house usually take a year.
"If we speed up the process, we might jeopardize the case because of some loophole," Williams said.
The first step in the battle will be hiring a Police Chief to implement tactics that Skip Holbrook helped start. Currently, Jimmy Johnson has been named police chief, pending results of a search committee. Johnson does not want to be the permanent chief; he will return to the Constituent Service Liaison.
The Mayor suggested that the city will "Capone" the nefarious,eferring to gangster Al Capone who finally went to prison for not paying taxes on his ill gotten gains.