- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Council Moves Gun Range to Second Reading
- UPDATED MILD SPOILER ALERT: Having an Awesome Time Watching "Force Awakens" at Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology rated in nation’s top 50
- Huntington City Charter On Line
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- DEVOTION: Fat Tuesday
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Panda Hugs and Crafts Greet Marquee Pullman Moviegoers IMAGES
- Life of Carter Woodson Topic for Huntington Lecture Series IMAGES
Environmental Independence Day
The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers are coming to Ritter Park! Join the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District as it hosts the Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers for a free and hands-on environmental workshop designed to introduce kids to the outdoors and pique their interest in outdoor recreation and stewardship. By practicing Leave No Trace, we can preserve and protect our natural world for future generations. This workshop will include interactive instruction, Leave No Trace PEAK Activities, as well as our Teen Program and information on how to become a Leave No Trace steward. The Traveling Trainers are committed to teaching Leave No Trace education as they live on the road, sleep 200 nights a year in a tent, and offer this award winning program in communities from coast to coast.
The folks at WVSU Extension Office will also be on hand to demonstrate how to make container gardens and rain gardens at home. There will also be educational activities and information from Rahall Transportation Institute Trails Department and Marshall University Sustainability Department.
We look forward to sharing an afternoon of environmentally-friendly activities with you at Ritter Park!
Check us out at www.ghprd.org – Like us on Facebook – Follow us on Twitter